Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:22 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momzdrm View Post
Why did you bring the computer on vacation anyway? .....

This little (very little) girl needs a Mommy to show her by example how to enjoy this world, go for walks, ice cream, sing to musicals, dance crazy. Cook fun stuff & eat it.

Are you at the snow? The beach? Usually vacation is an outdoors destination & the outdoors is not in the bedroom.

Enjoy your daughter, they grow up way too fast. Give her some fun memories!
But but but there are BABIES!! NEW grandbabies to pay attention to!! No time to pay attention to boring old (10) kids. Because there are NEW BABIES!!! NEW BABIES that EVERYONE should be enamored with!!

Why, oh why, doesn't the 10 year old want to be enamored with the NEW BABIES!! After all, they are NEW BABIES!!!!!

OP, has it occurred to you YOUR DAUGHTER is feeling a bit slighted, or perhaps even jealous, of all the attention YOU are paying to the NEW BABIES, and as a result, she just wants to get away.

Leave the babies with their parents for an afternoon and focus on JUST your daughter. TALK to her. SPEND TIME with her. LISTEN to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:43 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn asks View Post
My 10 year daughter is staying up in her room and using MY computer and only comes down if i need her,i want to talk to her,to eat,and to help with the babies. Im on vacation with her and my husband and I can't yell at her. Im looking forward to your responses.
If nobody has said this yet, don't put a computer in a child's room. Keep the child's computer (if the child has one of his/her own...which isn't advisable either) in the family room. There are many reasons why children should not be left alone with computers any more than you'd leave them alone with an adult stranger.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Maybe if you talk really nicely to her, she will give you an hour or so on your computer. Dont yell at her, tho, because she might ground you.
Lol not constructive. But definitely funny.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If nobody has said this yet, don't put a computer in a child's room. Keep the child's computer (if the child has one of his/her own...which isn't advisable either) in the family room. There are many reasons why children should not be left alone with computers any more than you'd leave them alone with an adult stranger.
Yes you definitely don't want your ten year old to have her own unsupervised computer or tv...

Old 12-30-2014, 11:01 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
The babies are my sons and new daughter-in-law not mine,also she brings her meals up in her room.
My first response was tell her y'all are on vacation and get out and do stuff. Now I understand her side, you are on vacation and she's supposed to babysit her nieces/nephews? That kinda sucks! As a 10 year old I'd probably hide out, too!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:25 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Sorry, but This is a poor parenting problam,
No fault of the child's.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:31 AM

35 posts, read 79,239 times
What are you doing on this vacation, maybe your daughter is bored? Helping with the babies is ok but not fulltime, she probably wants mommy time and you're with the babies.

I'd say take her out and do something just you, her and daddy. Then when you come back say we are done with the computer since we are on vacation.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:40 AM

601 posts, read 1,075,444 times
Quote:
My 10 year daughter is staying up in her room and using MY computer and only comes down if i need her,i want to talk to her,to eat,and to help with the babies. Im on vacation with her and my husband and I can't yell at her. Im looking forward to your responses.
It sounds like she's bored, but I truly understand where you coming from, especially on a vacation. Family time is very valuable. Maybe give her 2 or 3 hr time limit per day during the vacation. I don't think it's good for children to be on a computer for long periods of time, unless it's something regarding homework or any other school project.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:44 AM

601 posts, read 1,075,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
I would begin with prayer. Round up the kids and husband, hold hands in a circle with the laptop in the middle of the circle and ask the lord for guidance.
Man I'm glad i wasn't drinking anything when I read this. LOL

Old 12-31-2014, 08:44 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Just let her see what it's like to go to bed late, wake up early, and be tired. Her grades will drop and since she's only 10, she's probably in the 5th grade where grades don't mean much.

Oh, and make sure she's not talking to pedophiles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting