Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,852,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I am 20 and I dont even do stuff with my GF in my room with the door closed! Its called respect really I am not going to fool around with my GF with my parents in the room next door watching TV and I dont think my parents would allow it. And her parents dont even allow me to be in her room or even in the house when they are not home. She is 21! (we are both in school so parents support us we follow their rules) Its more of thing of respect then anything else. I dont think kids should be allowed to do that until maybe 17-18 but even then I find it disrepectful. There is a huge problem with that. And there is a good chance they are doing a lot more then watching tv.
Also since when do 14 y/o girls play videogames????

Actually a lot of teen girls play video games my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,958,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Why do people feel the need to always be bumping ancient posts?
Bumping ancient post is the new black..

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymomjjc View Post
if a girl that young gets pregnant while in this home, the adults there could get in trouble with the law because they were responsible letting this happen.
Sorry to burst your bubble but there's no law that says if kids have sex in a house the parents that own the house can get into trouble...teeangers are independently thinking individuals and parents cannot be around them 24/7 or know what they are doing at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
IF they are going to have sex, and IF they can't do it in one place, they'll find another place. Again, the statistics on teenage pregnancy will back me up on that.

"We can't have sex anymore, because Mom won't let me close the door." Do you think they will give up that easily?

Encourage them to have oral sex, and you significantly reduce the risk of pregnancy.
True that...except the last part..."hey don't have sex go suck a diick, you won't get pregnant and you'll get kudos from the football team"

I really wouldn't encourage that...I would just stick the girl on birth control, make sure she had regular gyno check-ups and make sure they knew WHERE to buy condoms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Actually a lot of teen girls play video games my friend.
Aww hell yeah!!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,072,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

True that...except the last part..."hey don't have sex go suck a diick, you won't get pregnant and you'll get kudos from the football team"

I really wouldn't encourage that...I would just stick the girl on birth control, make sure she had regular gyno check-ups and make sure they knew WHERE to buy condoms..

Wow, I actually agree with you on one thing. I never thought this day would come. I'm talking about not encouraging oral sex. The rest I am completely against. May I ask what teen doesn't know where to buy condoms? I've never met these people.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
In other news, for those of us who know and love paganmama, water is wet.
So true. I'm pretty sure everyone here would know my thoughts on the matter without my piping up. Haha.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 AM

32 posts, read 43,350 times
I wish I had a teenage girl in my bedroom!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Wow, I actually agree with you on one thing. I never thought this day would come. I'm talking about not encouraging oral sex. The rest I am completely against. May I ask what teen doesn't know where to buy condoms? I've never met these people.
A lot you would be suprised.
Like I see teenagers asking on Yahoo Answers all the time, "where can I buy condoms?", "do you have to be a certain age to buy condoms?", "I'm X age, will they turn me down if I try to buy condoms?"

A lot of teenagers are ignorant when it comes to this..

Old 11-13-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
A lot you would be suprised.
Like I see teenagers asking on Yahoo Answers all the time, "where can I buy condoms?", "do you have to be a certain age to buy condoms?", "I'm X age, will they turn me down if I try to buy condoms?"

A lot of teenagers are ignorant when it comes to this..
Wow. Either those are fake or they are in the minority. I knew kids in a lot of different social circles, and by the time they got into junior high, I would say 99% would have known the answers to those questions. I knew a couple kids who were extremely sheltered, but other than that...

Old 11-13-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Wow. Either those are fake or they are in the minority. I knew kids in a lot of different social circles, and by the time they got into junior high, I would say 99% would have known the answers to those questions. I knew a couple kids who were extremely sheltered, but other than that...
You can't fake stupidity of that level some people exhibit...
You just can't.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:

Most do, but a lot believe you have to be 18 to buy them, a lot also feel if you go in and buy them the clerk will tell their parents. You would be amazed at the misconception of teens, and the lack of sex edcuation they get. Most girls don't realize that in a majority of states they can get bc without their parents okay as well.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
No i would actually say they are in the majority. The lousy job most parents and the schools do with sex ed really would amaze you in some of the misconceptions teens have with things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting