Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:19 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I was in Lyons not to long ago...I saw no children bring beat while out in public. You are telling tails to suit your narrative. It's pathetic.
Yup, I'm telling tales.

In France, They Spank On Main Street

I'm not the only one that seen it done in public. I have family across Paris, Le Mans, & Nantes. There's nothing for me to gain or lose by making up anything. Who are you anyway for me to care? Lol. And you are laughable. Thinking you have the authority on what 66 million French people do because of your ONE family in France that doesn't spank.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-20-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
I do not understand this intense enthusiasm for hitting children. It is disturbing, including the glee in pointing out beating children is legal in places.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Around that age is EXACTLY when a child needs a spanking. It doesn't need to be a regular occurrence. For most who think they're "grown," one good spanking is all they need to snap back to reality and understand that their parent is their parent and isn't someone to sass. Sometimes, taking away a phone or Internet access isn't enough. Take it from someone who was only spanked once in my whole life, and that was at age 14. I deserved it and remembered it and had a newfound respect for my parents, that's for sure.

As a pre-teen/teen, you aren't a tiny child that's being taken advantage of, so the "OMG, ABUSE AGAINST AN INNOCENT CHILD" thing is irrelevant. You're an almost adult-size human with a very immature brain. You think you know everything when you don't know anything. You question and disrespect your parents on everything, even if it's behind their back. Those who respond and say, "No, NOT MY CHILD" probably aren't in touch with reality. Even the most well-behaved, well-parented children that I knew growing up were all rebellious to some extent, but many went to extremes to hide it haha.

When it gets out of control, a few good swats with the belt (or paddle or whatever) are a good way to regain control and show who's in charge. If the spanking is rare enough and severe enough (without being abuse), then it will be enough to take your average unruly teen down several notches and will encourage much better behavior. The pure embarrassment of being spanked like a child is often enough to do the trick, but a little sting isn't going to hurt a child that weighs as much as a grown adult.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:57 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I do not understand this intense enthusiasm for hitting children. It is disturbing, including the glee in pointing out beating children is legal in places.
Spanking is legal in the home in every single U.S. state, and when attempts have been made to change that, such as in California and Massachusetts, they have elicited opposition from between 70 and 90 percent of the public.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Spanking is legal in the home in every single U.S. state, and when attempts have been made to change that, such as in California and Massachusetts, they have elicited opposition from between 70 and 90 percent of the public.
Because parents should have the right to pop their kids. I wasn't spanked enough. I got away with everything, was sneaky sneaky sneaky and did not respect my parents at all. Not my future kids! I won't abuse them by any means, but I know from experience that spankings show who is boss and takes think-they-know-everything kids down a notch.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
It is rather disturbing this enthusiasm for beating your children. You can cite case law on it, too.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
It is rather disturbing this enthusiasm for beating your children. You can cite case law on it, too.
Yes I can. Do you wish me to?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Yes I can. Do you wish me to?

Sure. Do you recite it when you are beating your children?

Old 01-21-2015, 06:32 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
Quote:
Sure. Do you recite it when you are beating your children?
I wouldn't bother with him. The only time I see him on the Parenting forum is if there is a thread about spanking or sex with minors.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Sure.
Cobble v. DSS (MA-1999)
Court rules spanking with wooden spoon not abuse (CA-2013)
'Holy spankings' minister acquitted (CT-2003)
Raboin v. North Dakota DHS (ND-1996)
Minn. Supreme Court Rules for Parents in Paddling Case (MN-2008)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting