Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I never said they do not exist. They are being used as the excuse not to volunteer. Who cares if they are bossy and annoying? So what?

I can't volunteer because there is a bossy and annoying person at the school.

From what I read, that mom is the talk of the school district. You know, the small school district brimming with parents chomping at the bit to volunteer, if only they were not stopped by that bossy and annoying woman.

Kids we don't volunteer at your school because there is a very bossy woman and it has turned us off.

ahahahahahaha I do believe every pathetic excuse they use for not volunteering. Really, every one of them.
Your reading comprehension has been clouded by your defensiveness. I'm actually now thankful for this woman after reading your posts. It could be soooo much worse. ahahahahahahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 08:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You need to chill out. You sound like a 12 year old.

Gee, thanks Mom. Your two cents is noted.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Your reading comprehension has been clouded by your defensiveness. I'm actually now thankful for this woman after reading your posts. It could be soooo much worse. ahahahahahahahahaha!
I suppose you might be right. Your volunteering might be quite the nightmare.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Gee, thanks Mom. Your two cents is noted.
Your attitude it getting in the way of the point you're trying to make. You're welcome.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Have you lived in a small town before? Read other oarenting boards? If it was a pathetic excuse...how come so many people came out of the woodwork to volenter after she took her ball and went home?

These types slowly work there way into that level of influence...it's like the frog in boiling water....the problem usnt noticed until it's too late...and by then they've ingratiated themselves to those that can actually do something about it.

Before she over stepped...if you went to the principal to try and work around here...he directed you back to her..one because he didnt want to deal with it...two because as far as he was concerned it was all working well because things were getting done.....but it was all the things on her agenda and by the people that she had the most influence over it didn't hurt that her husband also had some status in town.
Perhaps I was not reading those boards because I was out there volunteering at school for an event.

Now about this powerful influential woman with a husband of status. This couple prevented you from participating in school.

Kids, we just can't do it. This woman and her husband are very influential and have status. She has this agenda. She runs the show. Sorry. We will not participate at school. You know how these types are.

These are your excuses. I am still amused.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Your attitude it getting in the way of the point you're trying to make. You're welcome.
This woman with attitude, is not in the least worried about getting my point across. It has never been a problem.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 01-21-2015 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-21-2015, 09:11 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Sorry, this woman with attitude, is not in the least worried about getting my point across. It has never been a problem.
Yes you have an attitude...so do I....that is ehybi sm not rolling over to your attempts to belittle anyone thst has a different exoerincecthsn you.

All you are showing is that you don't understand the many things that happen in this world there are not all like your experience has been. State your opinion but the rest of your crap is really kind of telling....something tells me that when you volunteer it has to be done your way or you are the one thatbtake your ball and goes home.

I wonder how many people that dontbhave the attitude to stand up to you that you've scared away. Think about that and wonder if you are that proud of yourself.

Small towns often get power cliques...but someone as experienced as you should know that.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yes you have an attitude...so do I....that is ehybi sm not rolling over to your attempts to belittle anyone thst has a different exoerincecthsn you.

All you are showing is that you don't understand the many things that happen in this world there are not all like your experience has been. State your opinion but the rest of your crap is really kind of telling....something tells me that when you volunteer it has to be done your way or you are the one thatbtake your ball and goes home.

I wonder how many people that dontbhave the attitude to stand up to you that you've scared away. Think about that and wonder if you are that proud of yourself.

Small towns often get power cliques...but someone as experienced as you should know that.
I live in a small town. I do not engage in power cliques. I left the high school clique mentality in high school. I am not deterred by women who have husbands of status. What a ridiculous silly excuse for not participating.

I volunteer and you have excuses why you do not. It is that simple.
I seem to have upset you. Your spelling and grammar has imploded. I do not btake any balls.

I have never been ashamed of my participation. You are now using my attitude as a reason for you not to participate.
Really? Think about that and I hope you are proud of yourself? I am proud of myself.

I have managed to volunteer despite living in a small town and survived the experience. Most of us have.

Blaming your lack of participation on someone else is pathetic. You are trying to blame me because I have a strong opinion, and have no problem exposing weak and disingenuous excuses for your lack of participation.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 01-21-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 09:52 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
I live in a small town. I do not engage in power cliques. I left the high school clique mentality in high school. I am not deterred by women who have husbands of status. What a ridiculous silly excuse for not participating.

I volunteer and you have excuses why you do not. It is that simple.
I seem to have upset you. Your spelling and grammar has imploded. I do not btake any balls.

I have never been ashamed of my participation. You are now using my attitude as a reason for you not to participate.
Really? Think about that and I hope you are proud of yourself? I am proud of myself.

I have managed to volunteer despite living in a small town and survived the experience. Most of us have.

Blaming your lack of participation on someone else is pathetic. You are trying to blame me because I have a strong opinion, and have no problem exposing weak and disingenuous excuses for your lack of participation.
You keep saying my lack of participation....I was one of the parents that finally help break her strong hold....and then volunteered quite a bit until we moved..and volunteered even more all through middle and high school. How is that making excuses?

All communities are different...your experience is not universal. ...and power tripping pta leaders are not any less common than power tripping home owner associations. Not all are bad....but more than a few parents have had to deal with the crappy ones....and you trying to pretend it doesn't happen or is a pathetic excuse to not volunteer....well...it is telling and a bit pathetic.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
So I pay my local daycare (franchise of one of the big ones) about $2,600 a month. Yet everytime I turn around they seem to want hand outs

1 - teacher appreciation day. once a month. Sign up to bring some food. . .for the teachers
2 - teacher gifts (holidays/etc just past) went as far as a wishlist they posted
3 - they did a drive for funds/raise money (selling crappy bread stuffs) for a book drive. . buy books for the school

Okay, this isn't a underfunded public school

This is a private daycare. If you want teachers to have dinners or you need more books, that is why I pay a tuition?

is my daycare overly needy?
They have a budget and the manager is trying to get a raise if they stay under budget.The corps keep the money trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting