Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 11:58 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times

Advertisements

People who confirm RSVP then don't show up are douche bags. If anything I'd just give them a douche bag award. People who don't respond at all to an RSVP and then show up are also douche bags. If anything, people who did this to me would just be on my list of inconsiderate people to avoid. They wouldn't be worth the paper the invoice was written on. I've had people do this kind of thing, they just don't get invited again. Lessoned learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
If the invite had their contact info, Alex's dad drove to their house to confront them about the invoice, and Alex's mom was able to FB the other mom about the invoice, why are they claiming they had no way to contact the parents to let them know Alex couldn't go?

Regardless, the invoice from the ski place can't be given to Alex's family because they had no contract with them. And the saddest part is that the kids aren't allowed to be friends now, and are being punished because of the actions of the parents.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:16 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If the invite had their contact info, Alex's dad drove to their house to confront them about the invoice, and Alex's mom was able to FB the other mom about the invoice, why are they claiming they had no way to contact the parents to let them know Alex couldn't go?

Regardless, the invoice from the ski place can't be given to Alex's family because they had no contract with them. And the saddest part is that the kids aren't allowed to be friends now, and are being punished because of the actions of the parents.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,262 times
I see a whole lot of silly going on here. Almost to the point of actually wondering if the whole thing is staged just to get 15 minutes of fame.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:07 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
That is absolutely crazy. If she was worried about the money she should have had a less expensive party or had an RSVP with her information stating 'the cost is $X per child, if something comes up last minute, please be sure to cancel is you cannot attend'

Insane.
I was reading another article where it says Alex has a known history of being a party no-show. So yeah, the parents all suck in this case.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:21 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
geeze life happens, sometimes you miss a party. I have flat out forgotten about them. When you plan them, you plan kids will get sick, plans will change, someone might show with a sibling. It all comes out in the wash. A 5 year old doesn't care if they have 12 or 25 guests. They just have fun ...unless their mom is brooding about a no show.

That lady who sent an invoice is insane. I feel bad for her kid

Old 01-19-2015, 02:26 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,565 times
I think the parents on both sides are jerks. Alex's parents were rude for not notifying the boy's mother to let her know he wouldn't be able to attend, especially if the contact info was listed on the invitation.

The birthday boy's mother is in the wrong to send a bill for the no-show. If money was that tight she should have held the party at her house or not invited as many children to the ski venue in order to keep costs down.

This is precisely why I'm against huge, elaborate parties where everyone from the class is invited.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:57 PM

83 posts, read 127,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The article said that the bday boy's mom's address was on the invoice, and that's how the dad knew where to go. Also from the first message on FB, Alex's mom said "I also didn't know your first name, or I would have looked you up", so sounds like she only found out the other mom's name after they got the invoice and didn't have her FB info until later.

But it did say that the phone number was on the invite, so who knows why they didn't call that day. Maybe they don't have the invite anymore, or they were just too lazy to call the other mom that day.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:05 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Such a ridiculous idea, and I doubt the court will waste their time on a small claims case of that amount. But I don't know about the UK where they live

Old 01-19-2015, 03:16 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Why do people have these over the top types of parties if they can't afford them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting