Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:14 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times

Advertisements

Super depressing thread at any rate.

OP, She's your daughter-She needs you. The family needs to be together. This can be managed. I hope this all was just a rant.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:24 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,753 times
I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be so hard as it is to take care of 3 kids and now this. Yes, kids make mistakes but it is a not a reflection on you. I am sure you did everything you can to raise them responsibly. But what can one do if they still end up making life altering mistakes?
It is NOT your fault that this has happened. Don’t let anyone (including yourself) convince you otherwise.

Now, have you explored all your options? Does your daughter wants to keep the baby or is she willing to give the baby for adoption? There are a lot of childless couples who are emotionally and financially more capable than your daughter and who will be ecstatic to have an adopted baby. If you decide to go that way, then perhaps the expenses of pregnancy will be taken care of.

As far as I know, there is no legal way to throw a minor out. Even if there is, this is going to sit on your conscious for the rest of your life. Before you explore options about letting her go, go through all the possible ways where she can actually stay but still would not cost you your home.

Again, this is NOT your fault that this happened.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM

I am dismayed to see the number of responses shaming the OP. For all you know, she did everything she can to provide a loving, stable home. You all must have very perfect lives with perfect children to automatically blame OP for her daughters mistakes.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:39 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I am dismayed to see the number of responses shaming the OP. For all you know, she did everything she can to provide a loving, stable home. You all must have very perfect lives with perfect children to automatically blame OP for her daughters mistakes.
Where there is smoke, there's frequently fire. I don' think the OP was being blamed for her daughter's predicament, as much as being told the reality that parenting responsibilities don't end just because our kids screw up.

I doubt the OP will return though.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Where there is smoke, there's frequently fire. I don' think the OP was being blamed for her daughter's predicament, as much as being told the reality that parenting responsibilities don't end just because our kids screw up.

I doubt the OP will return though.
No Mattie. There number of responses which directy said that she came home pregnant because OP was a bad parent. I can go back and get the post numbers, should you wish to see.
Its heartbreaking for a parent to witness a 15 year old pregnant as it is. She probably is already blaming herself sick for this situation. With all these posts, you dont want to push her to the limits. You never know how fragile a mind is.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:04 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
She wants to throw a child into the streets!!! No pbe is blaming the OP fir anythibg butbthe OPs own behavior.

I get stress.....I do nott get tossing out a child. If there are issues....you get them help. You don't say 'tough **** you'really on your own now'.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:06 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,546 times
Quote:
No Mattie. There number of responses which directy said that she came home pregnant because OP was a bad parent.
Yet how many news articles have people posted on forums about kids and the crazy, sometimes violent things they do? What's usually the first question people ask?

Yeah ... they ask, "Where are the parents?"

If we're ready to hold parents responsible for their kids when the parents aren't present, why should we do any less when the parents ARE present?

Old 01-23-2015, 11:07 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
No Mattie. There number of responses which directy said that she came home pregnant because OP was a bad parent. I can go back and get the post numbers, should you wish to see.
Its heartbreaking for a parent to witness a 15 year old pregnant as it is. She probably is already blaming herself sick for this situation. With all these posts, you dont want to push her to the limits. You never know how fragile a mind is.
You don't know that the mom isn't to blame any more than the other posters know that she is. What makes you think she's blaming herself when she's said the exact opposite?

Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
I can't believe you are supporting someone that thinks tossing out a child is appropriate because the patent isn't yo blame for the kids mistakes.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:22 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Put the baby up for adoption. That baby doesn't need either one of you trying to take care of it; she deserves way more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting