Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 09:26 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times

Advertisements

All those rules (and sayings) about girls vs. boys...don't count on them! Each child is different. True, there's certain physiological differences of organs and hormones, etc., between the sexes. But any rule is only true to some extent, exceptions are common. And any firm belief by a parent that girls have to all be Y (fill in any word) or boys have to all be all be X (fill in any word)...could have unwanted consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 03:15 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Raised 5 girls then had a boy...all I can say was if HE had been the first, he would have been an only child!!! LOL

The girls together were a walk in the park compared to him!!! LOL Thank God all grown, happy and health, but MAN, there were days.......

Old 02-08-2015, 03:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
I've raised three boys. From what I know, what I've seen and even from what my wife says, I'm glad I don't have any daughters.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:19 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
All the insults about girls is really revolting. I thought most parents were over this sort of sexist crap.

Each child is an individual...some are more compliant than others...end of story.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:37 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
No, just different. I have one of each.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:01 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Generally, from watching my nephew and niece, the little guy is alot more aggressive than the girl. So I think this is crap.

At toddler age, the boy appears to have broken more stuff, pushed, hit, etc more stuff.

And I don't even buy the teenage trouble part. Some boys become thugs, some boys have serious drug problems. Sure, teen pregnancy. But that wouldn't happen without males.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:17 AM

908 posts, read 1,660,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
I am so sick of people saying daughters are harder to raise than sons! I don't think gender should be an issue with parenting. What does everyone think? What is everyone's personal experience?

Let's discuss!
i never heard anyone say that, rather the opposite. Boys are more rambunctious in general, more active, etc. might take more discipline. Get arrested more, for more serious crimes too.
girls on the other hand, you might worry more, that they may be victimized by someone, or live in poverty. Whether they are kids or adults. you might not ever stop worrying, unless she marries a good all around guy who's responsible and takes good care of her.
Parents often feel the need to protect their daughters more than sons, naturally. (that parental worrying could be about crime or worrying about how men treat them. or , worrying about teen pregnancy and things along those lines.)
It's good if there are boys and girls in the family who feel protective of each other- the luckiest girls i ever knew had big brothers who were protective of them when young, and helpful when they grew up. their kids had good uncles too! seems this is all too rare nowadays.
So many people talk like having kids, or several of them, is a big liability or expense, but in reality they grow up and become more helpful and valuable than those downtalkers seem to be able to imagine.
never underestimate the value of having several good close caring family members vs NONE or only one or two.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I've raised three boys. From what I know, what I've seen and even from what my wife says, I'm glad I don't have any daughters.
care to elaborate?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
All those rules (and sayings) about girls vs. boys...don't count on them! Each child is different. True, there's certain physiological differences of organs and hormones, etc., between the sexes. But any rule is only true to some extent, exceptions are common. And any firm belief by a parent that girls have to all be Y (fill in any word) or boys have to all be all be X (fill in any word)...could have unwanted consequences.
umm , i think i get it, but you are confusing me, because in genetics, girls' genes are all X, and boys' genes are all XY !!!! lol. (with extremely rare exceptions, but i don't think you were referring to that??)

Old 02-09-2015, 01:10 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taajsgpm View Post
I just think we worry more about girls,boys can defend themselves and dont come home pregnant
Ah, but with boys you have worry about some crazed dad beating on your son for taking what some girl offered him (as though it doesn't take two to tango), or that he will be charged with statutory rape, or have his life ruined by an unwanted pregnancy that may or may not have been an accident. The worry cuts both ways and I worried far more about my teenaged son getting into a 'situation' than I did about my teenaged daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting