Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 08:19 PM

57 posts, read 54,083 times

Advertisements

The main reason I did not call right away when I saw the knife was because I told him to get his parents at that point I didn't realize that they wouldn't dicipline him in some way. I also don't know that it's illeagal to have a knife if your not threatening someone with it. What I do know now is that the age difference between the boys makes a case to call police and it will be done. I learn something new everyday that's why I posted this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyNat View Post
The main reason I did not call right away when I saw the knife was because I told him to get his parents at that point I didn't realize that they wouldn't dicipline him in some way. I also don't know that it's illeagal to have a knife if your not threatening someone with it. What I do know now is that the age difference between the boys makes a case to call police and it will be done. I learn something new everyday that's why I posted this.
Nominating yourself as block mom makes you responsible for the safety of all those kids. He was violent and threatening, and when he pulled out a knife, you should have put them all in the van and called the police.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:42 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
Yah... I don't understand AT ALL how you could NOT call the cops right away. A teen grabbing a little kid's crotch and shouting sexual things at them? Actually pulling out a knife and destroying property in a threatening manner?

I agree with above... You should have immediately taken all the kids you were responsible for out of the situation and called the police. I might have missed it, but you did tell all the parents of the boys who were with you what happened, right?

Old 03-08-2015, 09:48 PM

8,055 posts, read 7,419,522 times
This story is pretty fanciful. What did you tell the child's Mom, the one who was sexually assaulted?

Old 03-08-2015, 10:05 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
The guy belongs in juvenile, so why didn't you call the cops.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:09 PM

I am not technically responsible for any of the kids other than my own. My child is not allowed outside without me. The other kids are children who play in the neighborhood without any supervision from thier parents. So I've kinda taken them under my wing. They know that my house is a safe place to come if they feel they need help. I do the best I can for them and I know if I had not been there to stop and seperate the kids it would have been alot worse. Law is not my chosen field of study and I don't get myself into to trouble so don't have to deal with police usually. I know that it is assult when adults hit eachother but was unsure when it's dealing with kids. I talked to the fathers of the two boys who were physically assulted and neither one seemed very upset like I am. They had more of an attitude of boys will be boys. If the teenager had put his hands on my son I wouldn't even have to ask what to do but when these other parents don't seem to care I question if I have any right to be as angry as I am or call police on behalf of thier children.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:16 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
You should have called the police when he started screaming and cursing.

You let this go on way too long.

I'm trying to figure out why you needed to ask if you should call the cops.

He sexually assaulted a child and assaulted another. You are the person responsible for these children.

If my kid was screwed up because of this, I'd go after you in court because you stood by and did nothing while my child was sexually assaulted.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
It's unfortunate, and scary, that the older boys' parents were confrontational. So, yes, it would have been better if the police were called right away. But, I think you're doing a great thing by keeping the neighborhood kids under your wing.

If the fathers of the boys who were accosted don't want to pursue it, than perhaps it's better to let it go this time, and have your phone ready if the older boy shows up again.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:33 PM

Actually I am responsible for one child and am just nice enough to try and look out for some others whos parents are losers to say the least. I did not do nothing I seperated them I tried to get the teens parents I stood between the boy and other kids until the boy was taken home by his drunk parents. I got all the kids saflely back to my house when I could have just grabbed my own and walked home. I could have just walked off with my own son as soon as all the cussing started. I could have just left the other kids there. I don't get paid to watch other peoples children. I just try to look out for all the kids. Thats not doing nothing

Old 03-08-2015, 10:44 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
I took my son (7) and six of his friends to the neighborhood park today. I always scoop up as many as I can .
Quote:
I am not technically responsible for any of the kids other than my own. My child is not allowed outside without me. The other kids are children who play in the neighborhood without any supervision from thier parents. So I've kinda taken them under my wing. .
Yes, actually you are when you take the kids to another location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting