Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,450,929 times

Advertisements

Great post!!! Even though I was a young girl in Italy in the 70s I recognise all but one of the items listed. It is really a small world!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
I was in high school in the 70's but certainly remember a lot of those..especially the Dr. Scholl's wooden shoes. So uncomfortable but we were told they were so good for our feet. I wonder if today that is why my feet hurt all the time as an adult. lol

Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,390 times
Default nothing like a trip down memory lane

First of all......I still love my Holly Hobbie

Second.....I never thought Gopher was cute

Third......Physical wasn't about aerobics? OMG

Fourth....Yes, I had wings and it was feathered....but that was after the Dorothy Hamill

OMG....this was fun reading that...and looking at the pictures. Thanks for the post.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:12 PM

261 posts, read 954,273 times
Oh the memories! Had all or most of what was posted! Thanks!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
Ooh, Holly Hobbie! I loved her. And I was rocking the Dorothy Hamill at five. Whoo hoo!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 PM

180 posts, read 957,099 times
This was so cute and fun!
I was actually an older teen in the 70's but I wore guachos, ponchos and knickers and fish net stockings!

A well meaning aunt gave sister and I a Simon game. We politely thanked her but snickered about it behind her back later. Then we got addicted to the thing! lol!

I remember my niece's Holly Hobbie sleeping bag too! How cute was that!
I also remember having dreams about this guy.... Bobby Sherman! I still have a picture of him on my refrigerator. My grand daughter asked me who he was.... I just told her he was an old hearthrob. lol

Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 PM

22 posts, read 71,936 times
That was great!! I was born in 1970 and I had ever last thing and actually remember that picture of Kristie Mcnichol!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:47 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Thanks for the blast from the past.. I have a lot of stuff saved..

Rockflowers - cousins of the Dawn doll were too cool with their own records.
Sunshine Family - pretty sure these were 70's
Love Notes (name right?) - dolls with notes on their hands & feet, gave mine away
Cynthia doll - one of my favorite dolls
Crissi's friend Velvet.. think Crissi was from the 60's
We also had U-Haul trucks. Wish I would have saved those.

Quote:
You owned "Klick-Klacks" and smacked yourself in the face more than once.
These look like the 2nd version. IIRC the 1st ones were on string and parents took them away because they were dangerous. The balls flew off of the string.

Quote:
Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits.
I was too old for these when they came out. The little girl I used to baby sit for was really into them. I can still hear 2 year old little Tina singing what she thought the words were lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
First of all......I still love my Holly Hobbie
I still have my original. Years ago I got the whole set from someone that didn't want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplewillow View Post
I also remember having dreams about this guy.... Bobby Sherman! I still have a picture of him on my refrigerator. My grand daughter asked me who he was.... I just told her he was an old hearthrob. lol
How many people still have the records from the Post cereal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraCnfld View Post
That was great!! I was born in 1970 and I had ever last thing and actually remember that picture of Kristie Mcnichol!!!
Who doesn't lol
She's in one of my celebrity mags this week.. think it's In Touch. Pretty sure they're using that picture.. they're saying they want her for dancing with the stars.

How many people remember Philip McKeon from Alice?
I remember writing him for an autographed picture. Still have it somewhere.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:48 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
Wow, I feel old now

I loved Gopher (yes, I'll admit it).
My older sister cleared up the Physical issue pretty quickly
I had posters from Tiger Beat all over my walls
Loved my metal roller skates and going skating
I loved Hollie Hobbie and had the lunch box and loved Strawberry Shortcake too!

I remember that "Love's Baby Soft". It smelled so good back then!
Little House is still one of the best shows!
Loved the friendship pins!
I wanted to marry Luke Duke!
Watching the Wizard of Oz was a big deal at my house. Wish it was still like that!
I still wear out my Grease soundtrack and DVD
I LOVED Judy Blume books and read them all! I was just talking to my husband about them the other day

I just don't think our kids will have these kinds of memories and it's sad! But I so enjoyed this!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 AM

11 posts, read 31,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, Someone I know sent this to me about girls in the 1970's for me to post this on here.

Generation NeXt Parenting: LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S . . .
How about 8 Tracks with the selection always including Carly Simon, Carol King, James Taylor, Melissa Manchester, Pheobe Snow, Seals and Croft and so many more I could go on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting