Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:59 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
We have an understanding, and i don't mind getting it. plus, she's 7 months pregnant. The nerves of that woman!
First three thoughts. ..

Are you insane, man!

Heck yes you better be gettin the milk!!

You think it's hard now mwhahahahha

All joking aside, sounds like mom modeling good manners is working well. Stock up on sleep while you still can. And a huge congrats on the upcoming baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 12:23 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
First three thoughts. ..

Are you insane, man!

Heck yes you better be gettin the milk!!

You think it's hard now mwhahahahha

All joking aside, sounds like mom modeling good manners is working well. Stock up on sleep while you still can. And a huge congrats on the upcoming baby.
haha thank you

Old 03-20-2015, 12:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
I love the idea of cuddling with everyone in the bed early in the morning.... seems like that would be forging a wonderful sweet bond between all involved.....

the kicking and fussing? not so much, but I do not have human children, so can't really offer you any advice....

Old 03-20-2015, 03:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
OP here.

Lots of interesting comments here. thanks.
In response to some folks who commented, I find it rather stupid to get up at 5am to "get ready for the kids"....Sounds very much like a concentration camp! lol
that said, every family has a different way of dealing with things, and perhaps 'enjoying sleep until 8am' like us, isn't their thing. Fair enough. To each his own.
Concentration camp? Nice one, "thinking man."

I get up at 5 am to get MYSELF ready so I can be ready for anything later without worrying about fitting in a shower. We cuddled later in the day, on the couch. But my twins are 18 now, headed to college. They did fine.

I think it's stupid to think you can lie around in bed letting your own kids kick you while your wife is resting and growing a person inside her.

With twin toddlers and an infant, you will definitely have to step up, have good routines, and consistent limits.

But, like you said, to each his own.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Concentration camp? Nice one, "thinking man."

I get up at 5 am to get MYSELF ready so I can be ready for anything later without worrying about fitting in a shower. We cuddled later in the day, on the couch. But my twins are 18 now, headed to college. They did fine.

I think it's stupid to think you can lie around in bed letting your own kids kick you while your wife is resting and growing a person inside her.

With twin toddlers and an infant, you will definitely have to step up, have good routines, and consistent limits.

But, like you said, to each his own.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,603 times
Quote:
OP here.

Lots of interesting comments here. thanks.
In response to some folks who commented, I find it rather stupid to get up at 5am to "get ready for the kids"....Sounds very much like a concentration camp! lol
that said, every family has a different way of dealing with things, and perhaps 'enjoying sleep until 8am' like us, isn't their thing. Fair enough. To each his own.

So, i believe one of our problems is resolved....this morning, as i was going to get milk for them (after they politely asked for it), i asked my wife to remind them that when i return, they should say thank you right away, and take the milk from me and drink it. i was back within a few minutes, and what do you know! they did exactly that. They also said thank you again after they were done drinking.

Then we cuddled. Great way to start the day :-)

As "Angiesu" mentioned above, i agree, they won't stay young for long.....i want to enjoy every minute possible with them, and that includes cuddling in the morning for as long as i can before having to drag my feet to work lol

The next problem to tackle is the kicking and the crying....which they didn't do today but i think that's just by chance....we'll have to see how they behave tomorrow and the next few days.
Lol! So your wife had to tell your kids to be nice to you when you came back with their milk?

Old 03-20-2015, 08:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Aww, 2-year-olds are the best! Little Jekylls and Hydes.
Quote:
Hi,
as some of you know, we have twin 2+ year olds. they sleep fine through the night.....from 9pm until around 7am when they wake up, cry, and want to come to our bed. When they get there, it's become a BATTLE for space!!! even with our large california king bed.

worse, they don't want to be even near me (dad)....often pushing me with their legs or fussing when i'm even close (it's sometimes funny but so annoying). Then, they very politely ask daddy to go get milk for them.......i gladly go, and within maybe 3-4 minutes return with nice, warm milk ready to serve. Then, as if they are not the children i left only a few minutes earlier, they refuse the milk and cling on to mommy. they eventually take the milk from my wife (after 5 minutes or so), and finish it all; then some more battling for space and pushing away daddy....and then they're back to their normal self....playing and joking around with me and having a blast before i have to go to work.

is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Old 03-20-2015, 09:50 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Dont you have a concentration camp to run? Shheeeesh......lol.
I don't "think" I can lay around until 8; I "DO" lay around until 8.

Ps....with regards to your "thinkingman" remark.....I do more "thinking" in a day, than you do in a month.
Very mature there. How old are you that you still think getting up early is the same as being put into a prison against your will and being starved, worked to death or just flat out killed at the whim of another?

Old 03-21-2015, 04:59 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Very mature there. How old are you that you still think getting up early is the same as being put into a prison against your will and being starved, worked to death or just flat out killed at the whim of another?
Relax. Don't take everything literally.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:52 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Relax. Don't take everything literally.
My mother was born in one of those camps you make jokes about....it's not funny that you equate basic life skills with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting