Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 07:58 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
My mother was born in one of those camps you make jokes about....it's not funny that you equate basic life skills with it.
Then don't laugh.
I can joke about whatever I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 09:05 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
My mother was born in one of those camps you make jokes about....it's not funny that you equate basic life skills with it.
Wow Scarlet!

I agree. It is in seriously poor taste to compare anything at all to a concentration camp. Good luck to this poster when #3 arrives, if he can't manage to get out of bed before 8!

Old 03-21-2015, 09:24 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,703,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Then don't laugh.
I can joke about whatever I want.
You can joke about what ever you want...that is correct. However that ability doesn't absolve you of the fall out when people think you are immature - at the very least - for your poor taste.

Believe me...I get not liking to get up early....no one in my family has ever been morning people...but sometimes you gotta suck it up buttercup....especially when you are the father of three children.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You can joke about what ever you want...that is correct. However that ability doesn't absolve you of the fall out when people think you are immature - at the very least - for your poor taste.

Believe me...I get not liking to get up early....no one in my family has ever been morning people...but sometimes you gotta suck it up buttercup....especially when you are the father of three children.
Thanks sweetcheeks

Old 03-21-2015, 10:23 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Oh me, the guy asks for a few opinions and it turns into a brawl.
Listen to "Penny" and sleep while you can still get away with it.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:31 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
We have an understanding, and i don't mind getting it. plus, she's 7 months pregnant. The nerves of that woman!
You're going to need a bigger bed.

and Congratulations!

Old 03-21-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
You're going to need a bigger bed.

and Congratulations!
Hahaha I think you may be right!
thanks!

Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 PM

450 posts, read 507,636 times
I remember sitting up late one night with my 16 yr. old daughter watching a scary movie. (My husband was out of town). When the movie ended, we called "lights-out" and went to our respective bedrooms. Minutes later she barged into my room saying she was creeped out and was going to sleep with me... "OK. Do You need a hug"? I also had to remind her to stay on her side of the bed and not elbow me every 3 seconds! I miss those days! My little one is only 10. She loves to sleep with us, but she can sleep alone in her own room too. We just cherish the moments. They are only young once.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:44 AM

634 posts, read 708,541 times
I don't understand what the fuss is about. I think it's normal behavior. I think the bedtime in the morning is a great way to spend time with your kids. But that doesn't mean the kicking and screaming needs to go on. Just nip that in the bud by what another poster said - remove them from the bed if they don't stop and make it clear that when they kick and scream then they don't get morning bed time". Be consistent and have the wife back you up each time.

I don't understand why people are berating you for snuggling in bed with your kids for an extra 30 minutes of relax time. My daughter and I wake up between 7:30-8:30AM and laze in my bed for 15- 30 minutes each morning. What's the harm? If she starts acting up, I get up (which she doesn't like) and start the day.

And when you added that your wife is 7 months pregnant, it even made more sense. The twins definitely sense the arrival of the baby and want as much attention from Mom as they can possibly get. Also, kids tend to favor the primary caregiver until the age of 2-3. Pretty soon, you'll be their #1!

Old 03-22-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayerdu View Post
I don't understand what the fuss is about. I think it's normal behavior. I think the bedtime in the morning is a great way to spend time with your kids. But that doesn't mean the kicking and screaming needs to go on. Just nip that in the bud by what another poster said - remove them from the bed if they don't stop and make it clear that when they kick and scream then they don't get morning bed time". Be consistent and have the wife back you up each time.

I don't understand why people are berating you for snuggling in bed with your kids for an extra 30 minutes of relax time. My daughter and I wake up between 7:30-8:30AM and laze in my bed for 15- 30 minutes each morning. What's the harm? If she starts acting up, I get up (which she doesn't like) and start the day.

And when you added that your wife is 7 months pregnant, it even made more sense. The twins definitely sense the arrival of the baby and want as much attention from Mom as they can possibly get. Also, kids tend to favor the primary caregiver until the age of 2-3. Pretty soon, you'll be their #1!
OP here.

I agree. It's been great since I started this thread. We sleep till 7. Cuddle till 8. Milk without fuss because my wife explains the way they should behave when I return. And no more kicking as just the threat of putting them out of the bed has made them realize who's F#&*ING boss! Lol just kidding. But really....it's worked great.

Thanks everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting