Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:27 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,383,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachere View Post
You defined me as a racist because I don't want my daughter dating a black guy. 9/10 Arab parents would agree with me - most likely not just with blacks, but whites, Asians, Hispanics; any man or woman who wasn't an Arab Muslim. So I ask again . . . do you think Arab Muslims are racist?
Is English your first language? Just wondering because you got an answer, you just didn't acceptit.

There will be racists in every demographic you can think of. There are lots of nonracists too.

Denial of the reason why you dislike this young man doesn't make you less racist. Deflection and pointing to other people you think are racist doesn't make you less of one either.

Accept it and move on. I suggest counseling to see where this issue stems from.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,700,377 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I'm not one of those "superior genes" people. And I don't want to be associated with that kind of stuff. I agreed with what you said about whites being demonized for things non-whites aren't, but your line of think isn't the same as mine.
Your words don't back that up....if you believed that you would dislike someone just by knowing their skin color. You are of them same mold as this poster.

If that actually makes you uncomfortable..which I doubt...you need to rethink your stance. You don't get to act like a racist and claim you aren't.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
what if black parents told there son to only date black girls ?

I doubt many would say this is racist
If they only disliked someone due to their race I would. Dislike someone for real reason, not how much melanin is in their skin.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:31 PM

66 posts, read 129,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I didn't mention "superior genes". I would however say different, unique, and most certainly worth preserving. And this isn't simply "a line of thinking", it's established scientific fact. Even the most casual observer will notice a stark difference between white societies and black ones. Whether one is "superior" I suppose would largely be a matter of opinion. If you honestly think we're "all the same" so to speak, then I have to question what possible objection you have with your daughter's choice. Why shouldn't she date him? Why do you think she should stay with her own kind?
I don't think we are all the same. Culturally, there are differences. And one of the reasons I'd rather her be with a white guy (in all honesty I'd rather her not be with any guy) is it's tradition. I have German and Dutch heritage and I would like to see that continue when she eventually has her own children. I want them to look like me and her. Also, many interracial couples and children can have a difficult time, as a certain mixed race individual on this thread pointed out. If this makes me racist, so be it. But I still maintain that a racist is a person who thinks his race is superior, which I certainly do not.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Is English your first language? Just wondering because you got an answer, you just didn't acceptit.

There will be racists in every demographic you can think of. There are lots of nonracists too.

Denial of the reason why you dislike this young man doesn't make you less racist. Deflection and pointing to other people you think are racist doesn't make you less of one either.

Accept it and move on. I suggest counseling to see where this issue stems from.
Whoa. Where did I say I disliked the young man? Please, do quote me on that.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
If they only disliked someone due to their race I would. Dislike someone for real reason, not how much melanin is in their skin.
Yet again, where did I say I disliked the kid?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,700,377 times
Quote:
I don't think we are all the same. Culturally, there are differences. And one of the reasons I'd rather her be with a white guy (in all honesty I'd rather her not be with any guy) is it's tradition. I have German and Dutch heritage and I would like to see that continue when she eventually has her own children. I want them to look like me and her. Also, many interracial couples and children can have a difficult time, as a certain mixed race individual on this thread pointed out. If this makes me racist, so be it. But I still maintain that a racist is a person who thinks his race is superior, which I certainly do not.
So you would disagree someone from France? How about Ireland? I somehow doubt it.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Of course not, because that's the liberal credo. Only whites can be racist. Questioning why virtually all Jews(or any other minority group) refuse to intermarry makes you a racist, not them. Get it? Europeans are the only ones expected to commit racial suicide, and I am continually shocked at the eagerness so many on this forum have to help dig that grave. I can't imagine anything more tragic that the demise of western civilization.
Personally, I think you should reject "racist" as a pejorative. You should also not concern yourself with the question of whether you are one or not. To do so only allows "them" to dictate what's "racist".
Of course if race were no more than a skin color, you would probably be unreasonable to reject your daughter's boyfriend. But what honest person of sound mind actually believes that?
The fact is, it's perfectly normal, healthy and positive to want to pass on the genes from your own people and have your children do the same. This may explain why other groups do so without shame or apology.
being Jewish doesn't have anything to do with ethnicity. It's a religion.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:40 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
It's a racist stance you have but we don't know you well enough to know if you are completely racist as a person.

I'm a black man and if I had children I wouldn't want either of them dating a white man/woman. It'd be more painful to see the pair of BW/WM though. Am I racist, I don't think so but I admit my answer to this one stance is a prejudiced one.

She's your daughter, as long as she lives under your roof she has to obey your orders. Just know though, you may have a case where she rebels and goes for the brothas which will be your nightmare lol.
You and Op are so mess up
You are focus on race instead of character
I am so glad I do not have parents like you guys.
I can date all of the white men I want.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
No, I haven't. Admittedly I don't know much about him. My daughter lives with her mother. We're divorced. However it's no secret that African-Americans commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Is it unreasonable for me to be concerned when I contemplate it from that aspect? This is my child we're talking about. Even if I'm being over-protective, I'd rather be that than sorry.
You imply that he is a criminal or likely to be involved in that. You implied that you don't like him dating your daughter for the sole reason that he is black.

You have admitted that you don't even know him.

Maybe you do like him and think he's a great guy....do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.