Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:12 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Exactly. ...if we are all have hamburgers than hamburgers it is.....but to deny something that everyone is having...nope not gonna happen just to show the kid that I can.
Maybe its just my family but none of us ever have the same thing. DH gets one thing, I get something else and each of the kids order their own favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
This is so funny, BOTH of my kids went through this stage at about the same age.

OP, fast forward a year and you wont be able to get her OUT of the shower.

This desire to be dirty seems to come immediately before the desire to spend every waking minute preening.

Kids....you got to love them.

I'd let her go, it wont be long before she does a 360 and you'll be wishing for your bathroom back.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:18 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
If the child wants something that isn't on it...I don't think they should be forced. If everyone is having steak at the table ...the kid likes steak and wants steak and the parents say it's too expensive for you... have the kids hamburger while they chow down on filet mignon? r...that is just wrong.
growing up my dad and mom would always have a T bone on weekend, but us kids always got hamburger, but man they must of been 1 1/2 pounds with melted cheese, oh my god they was great. i still don't eat steak, gimme a hamburger any day

Old 04-16-2015, 06:06 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I am not going to order an adult sized meal for a child. I'd cut part of mine so they could have some though/

Gee I wasn't aware that having children order off of a children's menu was treating them like second class citizens. LOL
If they would enjoy a real meal rather that chicken nuggets or a hamburger and you deny them what while your eating high on the hog? Yes...that is treating them like second class I've seen people bring in peanut and butter for a kid at a resturant and when the kid protested was told that only adults got 'the good stuff'. Read what some of the he people here have said....they sound like their kids are the enemy and should be thankful for what ever slop is put in front of them...while the patents do what they like.

Our children are not the enemy...they are family.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Maybe its just my family but none of us ever have the same thing. DH gets one thing, I get something else and each of the kids order their own favorites.
I didn't mean the same exact thing...but just the same menu. If you are going to a diner....you eat diner food. If you are going to a sit down restaurant than you don't tell the kids they don't deserve to eat what they would like when you are having what you want.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
growing up my dad and mom would always have a T bone on weekend, but us kids always got hamburger, but man they must of been 1 1/2 pounds with melted cheese, oh my god they was great. i still don't eat steak, gimme a hamburger any day
So....you don't like steak and your parents provided you with an alternative you enjoyed. Tell me how ed you feel if they ordered steak and you got pb&j only?

Old 04-16-2015, 07:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Where is a mod when you need one?

Old 04-16-2015, 07:45 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Where is a mod when you need one?
That's partly my fault. I apologize. I was just flabbergasted by some of these posts. I'll ignore from now on.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
So....you don't like steak and your parents provided you with an alternative you enjoyed. Tell me how ed you feel if they ordered steak and you got pb&j only?
i was claiming that back then my parent could not afford steaks for the whole family but he made up for it by not only suppling a good substitute but making sure there was plenty, it wasn't just a small hamburger but a loaded to the top man size sandwich. hell half the time the dog got part of mine because it was so big.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:16 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,070,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
As much as it would drive me insane, I'd probably ignore it. There is no health ramification to having greasy hair. Peer pressure will kick in when the other kids say ew, your hair looks gross, and the problem will solve itself.
This. Her classmates will handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting