Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankergrun View Post
It is sometimes a shame today of how parents have become way too soft in raising their children. There is a saying "bad parents make bad children." I have seen a lot of this especially with families who got married from 2000 to present. Parents want to be more of a buddy to their children instead of teaching them the rights and wrong of life. All they do is spoil them with Internet, iPhones. iPads, and cars. I grew up in the 1980s and I was never spoiled with that stuff. Even if iPhones and iPads existed during that time my parents would not spoil me with that. I was brought up to know the right and wrong and be respectful to others. I gave relatives in Europe who have kids and I can tell you from experience that those kids are well behaved than some of the kids today. Also the grandparents of these kids here in the U.S. They never teach their grandchildren of rights and wrong. All they are is extended spoiling their grandchildren because all they care about is being super grandma or grandpa. As I said bad parents make bad children so if the previous generations spoiled their kids. That shame generation will follow. You see a lot of this with suburban kids as well. The parents never do anything when their child acts up in public or gets arrested for underage drinking. These parents think that their child is an angel. That is the reason why everyone is so shallow these days . The lack of discipline is the problem. Because if these child protection services. You never seen that in the 1940s or 50s 60s 70s or 80s. That is why you see older generations respectful. I fear the future of how these kids will run the world. If things are bad now with society. It seems we are doomed for a really bad future. Do you agree?
Damn right they are!

........women not only killed chivalry, but they are now raising these jerks to be jerks too!

Blame it on "feminism" and this notion that "women must do what men do to feel special!" They forgot that women are supposed to raise kids and teach them manners and how to be gentleman etc.

Society is going to hell! Now parents teach their kids to ISOLATE themselves from society, and only talk with pre-approved lists! Pathetic and insulting. Please don't get me started on disciplining...

Old 04-23-2015, 11:28 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Damn right they are!

........women not only killed chivalry, but they are now raising these jerks to be jerks too!

Blame it on "feminism" and this notion that "women must do what men do to feel special!" They forgot that women are supposed to raise kids and teach them manners and how to be gentleman etc.

Society is going to hell! Now parents teach their kids to ISOLATE themselves from society, and only talk with pre-approved lists! Pathetic and insulting. Please don't get me started on disciplining...
Wow! That's quite a tirade. Glad I live in a place where people are generally better behaved than what you describe. Have you considered moving?

Old 04-23-2015, 11:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Wow! That's quite a tirade. Glad I live in a place where people are generally better behaved than what you describe. Have you considered moving?
Yeah...don't move to Florida! (Too many move here from elsewhere and bring all of their habits with them).

No, I don't have to move anywhere, they need to improve their behaviors...

Old 04-23-2015, 12:39 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Thread locked pending moderator review.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Thread is nothing more than a complete train wreck and shall remain
C L O S E D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting