Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:34 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,059,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Many kids have sensory issues. A common one is tags in the clothing. My son had to have every tag ripped out, would only wear sweats and t-shirts. He grew out of it. OT is definitely over the top.
As someone with a very close relationship with a child who had/has to an extent the same issue the OP is describing, OT may very well not be over the top. It isn't the same as not liking tags and can definitely influence other areas of the child's life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 08:24 PM

500 posts, read 744,648 times
Dryers can definitely shrink kids clothing. I experienced this far too often as mine were growing up. It got so bad I just started hang drying anything that is not undergarments or pajamas. Saves lots of aggravation and lost $$.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,776,198 times
I bought every kind of sock known to mankind in an effort to appease my son's extreme sensitivity to "tight" socks. He is now 33 years old and , around the house, he wears his socks half way up his feet so they don't hit his ankles. Very strange. He says the first thing he does when he gets home from work is take his shoes off and scrunch his socks to wear he can't feel them up to his ankles. So not everybody outgrows this sensitivity.

On the other hand our 13 year old daughter was definitely diagnosed with sensory integration disorder when she was very young. She held her hands up to her ears when we went to the beach, still will not use public toilets cause they are SOOOO loud when flushing and she wore loose knit pants and tops. Now she wants to wear really tight jeans. I hate them. She still kind of pushes her food forward in her mouth which is a sensory issue. Some of these habits go away with age while some don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting