Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:17 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Personally, I think that children born to unmarried minors should be removed.
Yes, and so we have heard repeatedly from you. Do you remember the Magdalene Laundries? Considered to be a major human rights violation, and thankfully never to be repeated by the ethical majority.

Quote:
Most are subjected to abuse at the hands of "parents" who are mere children themselves. Many are killed or horribly battered by boyfriends who did not father the child and resent the babies very existence.
Source please. Sadly there are many children harmed by parents who are not teens.

Quote:
I almost never look to the past for solutions, however in this case, I think that it is obvious that children parenting children has not worked. Perhaps it is best if teenagers who become pregnant, finish school online, and surrender their baby at birth. After which they may return to high school.
Again, you would be talking about forced adoptions. Many teens make fine parents, who are you to judge? Are you a perfect parent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 PM

241 posts, read 359,051 times
According to the stats the teen pregnancy rate is lowest since its been in decades. The current rate of teen pregnancy is the same it was in 1947, the "good old days." Yet people in this thread are acting like there is epidemic of teenage girls getting pregnant. The stats say otherwise, your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything.

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 05-01-2015 at 07:42 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 10:57 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,451,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Maybe its just me I see pregnant teens with their bellys big so I am not blind I see also couples with their kids on a stroller in high school I work for a school district so Im around the field sometimes
I live in California so there are a lot of people here but see teens pregnant left and right
... Are you sure they're not just.... fat?

Old 05-02-2015, 05:10 PM

4,359 posts, read 4,203,863 times
I teach in an inner city high school. Typically about 20% or more of our students become parents before graduation. It's not unusual for them to have two children, although the first one is often born while the parent is still in middle school. One year I counted over 30 students of mine (out of 150) who were responsible for around 40 children. I taught both parents for quite a few of them, and several had more than one child. Boys often have babies with more than one girl at a time. It's about as bad as anyone could imagine.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:18 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,835,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
I teach in an inner city high school. Typically about 20% or more of our students become parents before graduation. It's not unusual for them to have two children, although the first one is often born while the parent is still in middle school. One year I counted over 30 students of mine (out of 150) who were responsible for around 40 children. I taught both parents for quite a few of them, and several had more than one child. Boys often have babies with more than one girl at a time. It's about as bad as anyone could imagine.
That is just....so so sad.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,192,019 times
Quote:
Teen pregnancy appears to have risen among white, working class teenagers. The main reason that it seems that way, is that the onus of teenage pregnancy and parenthood have, among that group - all but evaporated.

The second social factor in that particular demographic is adherence to religious groups that forbid abortion. Specifically, fundamentalists groups and the Roman Catholic Church.

In my area there is actually a fundamentalist women's group that encourages teenage pregnant girls to keep their babies and not make an adoption plan. Of course, termination is forbidden.
I also live in a state (red) that forbids discussion of birth control in school.

We have very high teen pregnancy rates in my state. Particularly among white, lower middle and working class girls who seem to see pregnancy as a "status symbol" and a right of passage.

My daughter who was adopted feels upset about this. There are pictures of pregnant girls in her yearbook and she has to see them walking down the hall.
It makes for a rather depressing atmosphere. Half of the High School attended Prom last week, looks forward to graduation and leaving for college - the other half has a more dismal future.

The real victims will be the babies, who most likely have foster care in their future.

Personally, I think that children born to unmarried minors should be removed. Most are subjected to abuse at the hands of "parents" who are mere children themselves. Many are killed or horribly battered by boyfriends who did not father the child and resent the babies very existence.

Most statistics do not address the rise of teen "parenting".

I almost never look to the past for solutions, however in this case, I think that it is obvious that children parenting children has not worked. Perhaps it is best if teenagers who become pregnant, finish school online, and surrender their baby at birth. After which they may return to high school.

I was invited to a baby shower of a teenager who lives in my neighborhood a few years ago. I was horrified that the parents - who I barely knew and who rented a house for only a few months - would think that this was a cause for celebration.

At many Malls in the US you will see generations of fatherless families with pregnant granddaughters who are in their early teens.

I think it's tragic.

I think you watch too may soap operas....

Lets start with the very first line..." Teen pregnancy appears to have risen among white, working class teenagers".....so despite every statistic on the subject that all overwhelmingly prove this false YOU decide that a certain sub group is going against the trend...prove it...

Nothing you wrote is based on fact, pure fantasy, supposition and stereotyping..

As for the "state" taking children away??? you can feel free to leave the protections of the United States and move to China or North Korea for instance where this sort of thing could actually happen...the rest of us will continue to live in a free country..

Old 05-03-2015, 05:19 PM

23,911 posts, read 32,232,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I would like to know where this is happening, because it's certainly not common in my neighborhood.

Come to North Eastern Ohio. Teen pregnancy is alive and well. We even have a "women's center" that supports it!

They are against - 1. sex before marriage 2. birth control 3. termination and 4 ADOPTION.

Casey Anthony was originally from my part of Ohio. Her parents were Southern Baptists.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You make a lot of claims there. " most" are subjected to abuse? Site your source.

Nope. You look it up. I have my degrees.

But I'll give you some help - Google - "children living in homes with unrelated adults - danger".

Those children run the highest risk of molestation, abuse and death. A significant amount of them were born to underage women out of wedlock.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I think you watch too may soap operas....

Lets start with the very first line..." Teen pregnancy appears to have risen among white, working class teenagers".....so despite every statistic on the subject that all overwhelmingly prove this false YOU decide that a certain sub group is going against the trend...prove it...

Nothing you wrote is based on fact, pure fantasy, supposition and stereotyping..

As for the "state" taking children away??? you can feel free to leave the protections of the United States and move to China or North Korea for instance where this sort of thing could actually happen...the rest of us will continue to live in a free country..

LOL!

Sociology collects data and from that data, comes to conclusions. The conclusion that sociologists have come to is that teen age out of wedlock parenting does NOT WORK.

I am tired of abused, molested and dead children.

People under 21 can't drink a glass of wine. But somehow, raising a child is OK?

PLEASE!

Old 05-03-2015, 05:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,072,590 times
Quote:
Come to North Eastern Ohio. Teen pregnancy is alive and well. We even have a "women's center" that supports it!

They are against - 1. sex before marriage 2. birth control 3. termination and 4 ADOPTION.

Casey Anthony was originally from my part of Ohio. Her parents were Southern Baptists.
Quote:
Nope. You look it up. I have my degrees.

But I'll give you some help - Google - "children living in homes with unrelated adults - danger".

Those children run the highest risk of molestation, abuse and death. A significant amount of them were born to underage women out of wedlock.
Oh well there you go then... Thanks for proving... Absolutely nothing.

You said " most children of teens are abused." That does not mean the same thing as your post above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting