Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:49 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times

Advertisements

One of these will annoy them for years to come: http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Org...iano+keyboards

We had one and the batteries NEVER died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 09:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My nephew is turning two this in one week, and I am driving to my sister's home 150 miles away for his birthday party. We are very close, and since I am his only aunt, it is my sacred duty to get him a very annoying birthday present (ie loud drum sets, mini scooters that run over toes, and the like) I'm not a parent myself, and would appreciate any suggestions on gifts that would be fun for him and fulfill this requirement. Links are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

It is no one's duty to purchase and give the most obnoxious gift to a child.
Get him something practical, useful or educational not something loud and annoying just to spite his parents.
I doubt you are that close if you choose to give such a gift.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:56 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Get him something practical, useful or educational not something loud and annoying just to spite his parents.
Some people have no sense of humor....

Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
One of these will annoy them for years to come: http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Org...iano+keyboards

We had one and the batteries NEVER died.
My little sister had a keyboard that could make the sound of a dog barking, along with a variety of musical instrument noises. You could make the dog bark a tune. She got it for Christmas, and the repeated noise of a dog barking "Jingle Bells" was pretty horrible.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:09 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times
I've bought every kid I know one of the organ/keyboard/sound makers. I've also bought every noisy and messy toy. NOT because I want to drive the parents crazy, but these types of things are what I like. And yes, I got the same and worse for my own kids.

My sister would gripe and say she'd bring whatever I bought her kids to my house. I said don't bother, already got em. Now most of the messy & noisy toys my grand daughters have/had, are at my house. I've just never minded kids being kids. I'd lots rather have them banging on a keyboard, than have a cell phone glued to their ear.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:12 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Some people have no sense of humor....
Exactly. Considering I'm driving 150 miles to go to my nephew's birthday party, that's a sign I'm a pretty caring auntie, especially since he's too young to remember my presence at all. My sister and I have a great time when we are together, despite living very different lives. She is a laid back but firm parent, and as long as I get my nephew a toy that is safe for him, she'll be very happy.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:14 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,048 times
Quote:
My nephew is turning two this in one week, and I am driving to my sister's home 150 miles away for his birthday party. We are very close, and since I am his only aunt, it is my sacred duty to get him a very annoying birthday present (ie loud drum sets, mini scooters that run over toes, and the like) I'm not a parent myself, and would appreciate any suggestions on gifts that would be fun for him and fulfill this requirement. Links are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your ideas!
The Fisher Price Corn Popper lawnmower thingy toy. I am still mad at my mom for that one. Not only is it obnoxiously loud, but my son loved it and played with until the age of 5.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-B...opper+push+toy

Old 05-15-2015, 10:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My little sister had a keyboard that could make the sound of a dog barking, along with a variety of musical instrument noises. You could make the dog bark a tune. She got it for Christmas, and the repeated noise of a dog barking "Jingle Bells" was pretty horrible.
Ours did something similar and you could also speed up the tempo. My daughter LOVED that feature, probably because she could tell it drove us bonkers.

She also had a toy stove that made noises like water running and food frying and when the batteries started to go out on it, it would make those noises at random intervals. It would scare the heck out of us when it went off at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
The Fisher Price Corn Popper lawnmower thingy toy. I am still mad at my mom for that one. Not only is it obnoxiously loud, but my son loved it and played with until the age of 5.

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Corn Popper: Toys & Games
I always loved that toy. There's something very satisfying about that popping corn!

Old 05-15-2015, 10:49 AM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBhQCCyhTo

Old 05-15-2015, 10:52 AM

125 posts, read 128,089 times
Quote:
Exactly. Considering I'm driving 150 miles to go to my nephew's birthday party, that's a sign I'm a pretty caring auntie, especially since he's too young to remember my presence at all. My sister and I have a great time when we are together, despite living very different lives. She is a laid back but firm parent, and as long as I get my nephew a toy that is safe for him, she'll be very happy.
If they have a yard a bubble blower lawn mower is great!! They are fun for little kids and who doesn't like bubbles. I live in Florida all my nieces and nephews as little children played out doors in sandboxes, baby pools and a combo of both! Two yrs old is kind of young for a lot of things that require any real skill to play with. Your a good Aunt!!! And I know my sister & brother would have loved to pay me back for some gifts.LOL But hey whats family for if you can't have a little fun!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting