Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 02:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 1,864,413 times

Advertisements

Fisher-Price Little People Fun Sounds Farm | ToysRUs

Unfortunately it no longer comes with the furniture-destroying metal bottom silo. My kids sure did love this toy.
He will love the little tractor, too (would have to buy separately) maybe for holiday gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 04:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
Fisher-Price Little People Fun Sounds Farm | ToysRUs

Unfortunately it no longer comes with the furniture-destroying metal bottom silo. My kids sure did love this toy.
He will love the little tractor, too (would have to buy separately) maybe for holiday gift.
I can still do a really good impression of the dull, dying-cow moo from when you open the barn door.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:20 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
After carefully reading all of your responses, I decided to go with one of the variations on the giant block set:

Amazon.com: Mondo Bloxx 40 Pack Cardboard Block Brick Set (12x6x3): Toys & Games

This one has the 40 huge blocks. I was reading reviews from Amazon parents who had the variety pack block set, and the main criticism I read is that the smaller blocks were not very useful for their children to build things with. Additionally, the variety sets had more of the smaller blocks than the more useful bigger blocks. So I decided to spend an extra $10 to get my nephew the set of 40 jumbo blocks. I think he will have more fun with this than maybe some of the other toys because he can use it over and over to make anything his little mind imagines. His big brother might even pitch in too

Old 05-15-2015, 04:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Some friends gave our daughter a bowling set when she was about two as a gag gift.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:45 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My nephew is turning two this in one week, and I am driving to my sister's home 150 miles away for his birthday party. We are very close, and since I am his only aunt, it is my sacred duty to get him a very annoying birthday present (ie loud drum sets, mini scooters that run over toes, and the like) I'm not a parent myself, and would appreciate any suggestions on gifts that would be fun for him and fulfill this requirement. Links are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your ideas!
I don't have any useful suggestions, it's been a long while since I've had to buy little kid gifts. Just wanted to pop in and say I love this! I used to to the same with my brother's kids, and he for mine. Such fun to watch mom and dad's face as the little one opens this great gift that he loves that makes a LOT OF NOISE! Ha!

(I do like the idea of Tickle Me Elmo, if that's still out there. One of the most annoying toys of all time!)

Old 05-15-2015, 04:58 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,615,317 times
Quote:
After carefully reading all of your responses, I decided to go with one of the variations on the giant block set:

Amazon.com: Mondo Bloxx 40 Pack Cardboard Block Brick Set (12x6x3): Toys & Games

This one has the 40 huge blocks. I was reading reviews from Amazon parents who had the variety pack block set, and the main criticism I read is that the smaller blocks were not very useful for their children to build things with. Additionally, the variety sets had more of the smaller blocks than the more useful bigger blocks. So I decided to spend an extra $10 to get my nephew the set of 40 jumbo blocks. I think he will have more fun with this than maybe some of the other toys because he can use it over and over to make anything his little mind imagines. His big brother might even pitch in too
I have a set of 9x2x4 blocks that are a huge hit with any and every child and never had an issue keeping them cleaned up.
Get him one of these as well then to store them in, it's what I use and it works great:

Home Basics LB01623 Sunbeam Mesh Pop Up Hamper Ass, - Walmart.com

Old 05-15-2015, 05:13 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,315 times
Good choice, our 3 year old kids at preschool were just playing with these type blocks this morning. Building a tall tower then knocking it down they were noisy but were having so much fun! In this age of technology it's great to see them using their imaginations. At clean up time they were all neatly put back on the shelf but I know they typically clean up a lot better for their teachers than parents.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:27 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Google "See and Say." Classic toy, educational, repetitive and loud.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
My nephew is turning two this in one week, and I am driving to my sister's home 150 miles away for his birthday party. We are very close, and since I am his only aunt, it is my sacred duty to get him a very annoying birthday present (ie loud drum sets, mini scooters that run over toes, and the like) I'm not a parent myself, and would appreciate any suggestions on gifts that would be fun for him and fulfill this requirement. Links are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your ideas!
You're in Texas. Are they Cowboys fans?

Gift him with a pint-sized RGIII jersey. Tell him how awesome he looks and to never, ever take it off. High-five him and make sure he knows how cool he looks in his new jersey. Trust me. It is the most obnoxious, annoying birthday present you could possibly give him.

It's available on NFL.com. p.s. Don't expect 'seconds' on birthday cake.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-15-2015 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-15-2015, 08:04 PM

4,693 posts, read 3,473,160 times
Quote:

Actually this is a really good choice. I got this for my oldest when he was two. He still uses them at almost nine. They drive me nuts because they are murder to store but it is so worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting