Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 06:13 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
Wow. So I told the "teacher" and I'm using this term loosely now, about the incident and to please watch her when she's by this girl. Her reaction "OMG" and then LAUGHED. And said yeah I'll watch. Are you kidding? Yes, my DD's dance class is being taught by a 20 year old with the maturity of say a pre-teen? I dunno. Would kids in high school find this sort of thing funny? Like, hehe oh look how cute the toddlers are pinching each other?

After I told her, the door of the classroom somehow stayed open. So what did I do? I watched the class. And there was an awful lot of standing around doing NOTHING. Like having the kids stand on a line, while she called another kid up to the front to chat with her for a few minutes? And of course the pincher is next to my DD in line (they're next to each other for the recital dance). So looks like the teacher isn't paying much attention to what goes on in the class since she's busy conversating with one of the other kids.

I didn't even bother to tell DH her reaction bc I know he would have been like "wth" as well. I dunno, maybe bc these are pre-schoolers they figure they can have a teacher there who clearly isn't mature enough to handle kids this age. Thank god the recitals this week and it's the end of this.

You are upset at the dance teacher because she laughed yet in your first post YOU "LOL'd" about the situation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 06:15 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
I'll bet she's just lazy and immature. 20-somethings are a lot less responsible/understanding/motivated to do things right, compared to us Xers unfortunately.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:15 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I think this is more a case where age is the problem. The other girls are older. I doubt this would happen with a different and younger group.

That's part of why I always advise parents not to move their children up a grade or two. (I teach Pk,K,1st, 2nd)
Good move

Last edited by Me 82; 05-29-2015 at 06:25 PM..

Old 05-29-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I'll bet she's just lazy and immature. 20-somethings are a lot less responsible/understanding/motivated to do things right, compared to us Xers unfortunately.
Oh def! But there's people a few years older then her teaching in actual elementary schools, not dance class. So I'm thinking even by her age, you should know this isn't cute kid behavior for a 5 year old But then again like I was told, there's a pincher and biter in every group. No biggie lol..

Old 05-29-2015, 06:22 PM

I "loled" when my DD said the teacher pinched her when she told her she got pinched. Bc I knew she was lying and that she hadn't told the teacher. I wasn't loling over my DD getting pinched...Think we cleared that up in the beginning of my post no? And coming from a teacher whose actually certified to teach, it's pretty rude to laugh in a parents face over any issue with a child.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:26 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Good move
Yes, this teacher should not be teaching the younger students.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:29 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Oh def! But there's people a few years older then her teaching in actual elementary schools, not dance class. So I'm thinking even by her age, you should know this isn't cute kid behavior for a 5 year old But then again like I was told, there's a pincher and biter in every group. No biggie lol..
there usually isn't a pincher/ biter in those classes. Pushing/ bumping, probably. Kids seem to love to cut in line.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:57 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
let me tell you my sons pre k had a biter and I heard from the teacher herself that the biters mother wrote back a note delivered from the older sister , a teenager saying that if she got one more note about her sons biting she would come down there and bite the teacher , in other words all kids bite and it is no big deal . well im sorry I definitely thought it was a big deal and I said that if my son gets bitten , me and mama are going to go round and round . I think the msg got back to mama because the boy was moved out of pre k by the principal according to the teacher she wanted to assure me that he was gone .So please don't say or think that they are no biters in pre k they most definitely are there and the issue should be addressed .May I ask Op why you did not teach your daughter to pinch back and yell back in lil miss yellers face ? Lil miss pincher and yeller may not like the same treatment done back to her and she might just get the picture . That teacher is a real piece of work too , I would have read her the riot act about her behavior as well or went over her head to someone in charge . Op please teach your daughter to stick up for herself you cannot keep sticking up for her you need to teach her to do it for herself .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting