U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-30-2016, 03:18 AM
 
Location: Finland
6,404 posts, read 6,455,366 times
Reputation: 10360

Advertisements

Eeek you might want to rethink studying in Finland Hecate Helsinki University tuition fees for non-EU students to reach up to 25,000 euros | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2016, 06:50 AM
 
Location: North America
14,203 posts, read 11,230,537 times
Reputation: 5554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
That's typically what American students pay for school if they go out of state :X. I would be going to grad school anyway. That usually entails a fellowship of some kind that pays for the tuition, and leaves a modest stipend for expenses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2016, 06:51 AM
 
Location: North America
14,203 posts, read 11,230,537 times
Reputation: 5554
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
The adult does not have to stand at the table, but has to be present in the area of the booth. This girl from the uniform was probably either a cadette (7th, 8th grade) or senior (9th, 10th grade) or ambassador (11th, 12th grade) so old enough to do most of the selling on her own.
Ah okay. Chances are this girl had a parent nearby as well. I imagine the photo just looked better with her there by herself.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2016, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Finland
6,404 posts, read 6,455,366 times
Reputation: 10360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
That's typically what American students pay for school if they go out of state :X. I would be going to grad school anyway. That usually entails a fellowship of some kind that pays for the tuition, and leaves a modest stipend for expenses.
Well that's alright then. When I saw that article I about freaked! So expensive!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2016, 03:17 PM
 
Location: North America
14,203 posts, read 11,230,537 times
Reputation: 5554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Well that's alright then. When I saw that article I about freaked! So expensive!
Yeah, I know that school is a lot cheaper overseas. Most likely why so many Americans go to school overseas xD.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2016, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Finland
6,404 posts, read 6,455,366 times
Reputation: 10360
Still can't put 25k and cheap in the same sentence
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2016, 11:23 AM
 
Location: North America
14,203 posts, read 11,230,537 times
Reputation: 5554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Still can't put 25k and cheap in the same sentence
. A big part of it is the American tradition of going out on your own to school. Tuition is still pricey, but it's probaly probably 65 percent less if you go to school in your state and don't live on campus.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2016, 12:31 PM
 
1 posts, read 8,382 times
Reputation: 10
I am in the same situation my son is 17 and a half; he goes to school but he smokes and selling i have confronted and he admitted i have applied for him to jobs and he has misssed all the interviews. In addition, every time i denied the entrance to any unknown and unacceptable peer because i checked his tweeter and facebook pages pictures with guns, drugs and alcohol, my son punches the walls; so i am desparate. Last time i told him he needs to get out of the house and right now i am looking a room for him to live. I cant do much and i am
Not willing to live like that. Any advice
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 11:24 AM
 
Location: North America
14,203 posts, read 11,230,537 times
Reputation: 5554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1977 View Post
I am in the same situation my son is 17 and a half; he goes to school but he smokes and selling i have confronted and he admitted i have applied for him to jobs and he has misssed all the interviews. In addition, every time i denied the entrance to any unknown and unacceptable peer because i checked his tweeter and facebook pages pictures with guns, drugs and alcohol, my son punches the walls; so i am desparate. Last time i told him he needs to get out of the house and right now i am looking a room for him to live. I cant do much and i am
Not willing to live like that. Any advice
Call the police on him. Maybe a taste of adult life will make him see the consequences of his choices.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2016, 04:01 AM
 
Location: North America
14,203 posts, read 11,230,537 times
Reputation: 5554
Good Goddess! Not one post in two months? Get with it people!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top