Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:45 AM

544 posts, read 1,228,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Totally wrong forum. Also 10 times in 3 years holy cow what a nightmare tenant/neighbor you must be.
excuse me , I'm not the problem. my other neighbors have been the problem.. if nothing was done by the landlord or after calling 311, we moved after the year lease. Moves were actually 6 times since 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 11:47 AM

last month I recorded the one half of the couple downstairs slapping one of their children.. it's on tape on my phone. I passed that info on to the ll who I think called cps. not sure. but, now they have nerve to call on me?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,225,466 times
I sounds like you need to find a small rural home, far from other people, to live in. Be warned, the crickets can be noisy in the summer.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:53 AM

17 posts, read 19,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
last month I recorded the one half of the couple downstairs slapping one of their children.. it's on tape on my phone. I passed that info on to the ll who I think called cps. not sure. but, now they have nerve to call on me?
After all the instability of constantly moving around you've subjected your family to, you're sticking your nose in other people's business and creating enemies. Fantastic. My advice for you would be to keep a lower profile where you live.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:53 AM

if you guys have read my previous post regarding noise problems, you would understand where I'm coming from.. sometimes the only solution is to move if nothing is done. To assume it's me that's the problem? really? when I first moved to NYC, I lived in one apartment for 12 years no problems whatsoever w/ neighbors. A management co takes over my building, promise renovations, all tenants get temporarily displaced to other apartments and that's where the troubles started for us. They moved us to two different apartments before we were allowed to come back to our original apartment. Moved back to this apartment, mind you, no problems for years.. they in their gut rehab did NOT insulate the place at all like how it was before....prewar building. We ended up moving to another borough.. noisy neighbors there. Complained w/ ll.. told to handle the problem myself.. moved to another borough which was even worse than the last one.. cops called repeatedly, office, security downstairs.. all taped evidence inside and outside my apartment. Again, no fix. so we moved to this current apartment.. and now it's the same thing all over again except w/ a family w/ two children who are up at 9 am until 1 am literally banging, running, thumping, all day long. If it's not the children it's the parents fighting . Just this past Sunday, the cops were called by the wife for the husband.. domestic violence. We heard this whole commotion while home. The day after I get a notification of complaint.. yea, it's my fault people have no consideration.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I sounds like you need to find a small rural home, far from other people, to live in. Be warned, the crickets can be noisy in the summer.

I'll take the crickets, cows, goats .. anything.. Thinking of moving somewhere where I can actually afford to either buy or rent a house. NYC is not it.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Unfortunately, at this point, there is not a thing you can possibly do except cooperate with CPS. I am sure it is very difficult and beyond frustrating however, if you have done nothing wrong once they investigate then it will end up being a much smoother process for you.

You can surely mention to CPS about this lady's anger or whatever towards you however, it will not stop them from investigating it thoroughly. If a case has been opened they have no choice at this point but to follow through.

You might want to post this in the Parenting forum where they may be able to assist and answer questions you may have. I am not sure how the Renting forum applies to your situation.

Good luck
Just came from a meeting w/ them.. they will be having a home visit , then after that I'm not sure.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I'm sure CPS deals with this type of retaliatory report all the time and are pretty good at recognizing it after initial investigation.

Cooperate, mention calmly you had problems with former neighbor, and let the matter resolve itself.
I gave them all my former and current ll information. it's just unnerving

Old 05-28-2015, 12:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,464,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
I'm Royally p@@ off . From my many postings, I've moved about 10 times in the past 2-3 years away from noisy neighbors. The Cops have been called and so has management repeatedly. From my last apartment, we stayed less than one year after management did nothing and the police were called ...a lot . On two neighbors. One stopped with the noise somewhat, but the other and Her teenage kids , no . So we ended up moving yet again.
I go to pick up my child and a cps worker tells me a case has been opened for child abuse at my last address which we've moved from about three months ago. I Have an idea who it is and why it was done which is just f'ed up. Im not sure if I sh tell them it's because of this lady's anger or this whole thing is unfounded. Can't even think straight right now . Neighbor claimed to hear screaming and me hitting my child with an object. Through concrete, really? I'm Just p@@@ the heck off
I once had CPS come to my door claiming that I let my then 13 year old daughter take care of my kids ALL the time and let my then 4 year old son run around the neighborhood. The funny thing is that I worked nights and went to school during the day so the kids were in daycare most of the day and I was home until they went to sleep. My 13 year old showed up and the CPS worker looked at us and said... I think the neighbor thought you were your daughter. I laughed so hard because we do really look alike, especially from afar. I later found out from the kids that my son had followed a ball into the neighbor's yard while my 13 year old was supervising and trampled her precious flowers so she called CPS.
We lived in a dead-end cul-de-sac so it's not like he was in danger. It doesn't matter whether the reason they called CPS is valid, you are guilty until proven innocent when it comes to CPS.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,795,999 times
Yup, get out of the city. If you must live in the city, you need to move somewhere where you can get more for your money, so you have a higher standard of living.

I knew someone whose MIL called CPS on her for substandard living conditions AKA, a messy house. They came over, looked around and realized the house was messy, but just typical busy mom of young kids messy and threw the report out. She was livid!!! If you have nothing to hide and just do as they ask it should be over quickly. Fighting with or being combative towards CPS will just raise suspicions and make the process longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting