Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
How many times have you been through this experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 10:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Fair enough.

But I've known several fathers who were completely steam rolled by the entire system. I don't think its as rare as you believe it to be.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Fair enough.

But I've known several fathers who were completely steam rolled by the entire system. I don't think its as rare as you believe it to be.
I know people as well. Has nothing to do with not caring about your kids. All you need is one party in the case to drag things out with false accusations, requesting counseling, and GIL's and a jury trial and lawyers going along with it to spiral a case out of control. When legal bills start getting into the $10-20K range, you just really want to be done and stop the bleeding. Last thing you want to do is jump back into that fray again. Has nothing to do with baseless claims either.

I know several people that have gotten a bad hand. I even "won" my court case and have no desire to go back.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:56 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Well, I've been with my son for moral support a whole bunch of times.
The last time was after I tracked her down when she left the state. She came back on her own after being homeless, (her mom kicked her out) got temp. custody and back in court 3K later the corrupt judge lets them go back to her without even speaking to the children to the homeless shelter because in the 3 days of temp custody "they may have been brainwashed". He is the type judge who sides with the mother unless, how did she put it "I'm laying in the street with a needle in my arm and a d*** in my__________". After 10 year of this struggle he gave up on the court system.

Going on a year ago she just dumped the kids because her ex-con soul mate got out of prison and she would rather be with him than deal with disgruntled rebellious teens. She is still getting CS and FS tho. He wont rock the boat because without the money she will demand them back and even though she is homeless with an ex- con, no car, no job the judge may still make them go with her. Not worth the damage to the kids. I'm hoping the baby daddy of her other child is able to get some relief from the courts and finally get to see his kid, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
That sucks, 2m. I am sorry.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:06 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That sucks, 2m. I am sorry.
Thanks JJ. The gkids are with me now, happy and doing great. That's all that matters to me.
Baby daddy hasn't been worn down yet, only 2 years of struggle for him. I support him 100%. Hopefully he will be able to force her to abide by visitation, better yet get custody, and the g kids will get to see their sister.

I really wish more men (generally the NCP) could organize and stand up for their visitation rights and get some logical changes made in family court. I'm all for parents paying their CS but the system is not working correctly and children suffer for it.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:30 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I know people as well. Has nothing to do with not caring about your kids. All you need is one party in the case to drag things out with false accusations, requesting counseling, and GIL's and a jury trial and lawyers going along with it to spiral a case out of control. When legal bills start getting into the $10-20K range, you just really want to be done and stop the bleeding. Last thing you want to do is jump back into that fray again. Has nothing to do with baseless claims either.

I know several people that have gotten a bad hand. I even "won" my court case and have no desire to go back.
I don't get why people got married and had kids with these kind of fruitcakes in the first place. Weren't there signs that the person they were getting involved with had a loose wire somewhere?

Old 06-11-2015, 08:35 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
I don't get why people got married and had kids with these kind of fruitcakes in the first place. Weren't there signs that the person they were getting involved with had a loose wire somewhere?
The situations I'm aware of don't necessarily involve "fruitcakes" so to speak. All of the people I personally know have become divorced due to cheating. 6-7-8 years into the marriage, someone strays, divorce gets filed and then people becoming bitter and just use the family court system as a way to get back at their ex. Emotions drive what a person does at that point and rather than working together, somone wants to stick it to the other person as punishment for the hurt they caused them. It sucks because the child is the one that suffers.

There's a fine line between love and hate.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
You beat me to it, Mike. I'd guess that the venom and spite usually come from somewhere, and my first guess would be that someone cheated.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:26 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
The situations I'm aware of don't necessarily involve "fruitcakes" so to speak. All of the people I personally know have become divorced due to cheating. 6-7-8 years into the marriage, someone strays, divorce gets filed and then people becoming bitter and just use the family court system as a way to get back at their ex. Emotions drive what a person does at that point and rather than working together, somone wants to stick it to the other person as punishment for the hurt they caused them. It sucks because the child is the one that suffers.

There's a fine line between love and hate.
That being the case, I don't have much sympathy for the guy who then whines because his ex-wife is sticking it to him. I mean, seriously, to read the comments on this thread, they paint themselves as saints and martyrs who only care about their children but can't be good fathers because the ex is a spiteful psycho. They conveniently leave out WHY the ex is a spiteful psycho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting