Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 10:03 AM

176 posts, read 189,524 times

Advertisements

I'm not being Eurocentric or blinded. It's the truth. Men from Europe don't circumcise unless there are some medical problems, and they are perfectly fine, following a simple normal hygiene. The arguments pro-circumcision and the warnings against not doing it (special hygiene, health problems, etc.) seem far-fetched over here because the reality has shown a different thing through the lives of millions and millions of men for centuries.

Highly paid doctors, or brainwashed ones, people in the industry, or people who are adamant to respecting their religious tradition and impose it even in our times, can of course influence society and have done it for many years, this is not new.

And I have never ever heard a woman saying that a man's penis looks weird because of its normal natural aspect in this part of the world. That is not even being asked or discussed! It would sound very stupid and ridiculous and saying that would definitely make one look like their common sense is not really ok. However, most women (and men) would easily consider circumcision on a perfectly healthy body a cruel act committed without the consent of the child.

Last edited by BlazingStars; 06-06-2015 at 10:18 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 07:45 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I have 3 sons and I did not have them circumcised. I don't believe in it, it is un-necessary and barbaric.

My mother didn't feel that way about me though, unfortunetely I am.

and I never had to shower after gym, in fact I dont know of any kids that shower after gym, and neither did my sons.
gym class is 45 minutes, just how sweaty can you get.....

My sons never seemed to complain about being uncircumcised, nor do they have GF problems......

and any woman that says "eww" to a mans uncut penis, isnt worth ****.....

Old 06-08-2015, 08:17 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I have 3 sons and I did not have them circumcised. I don't believe in it, it is un-necessary and barbaric.

and I never had to shower after gym, in fact I dont know of any kids that shower after gym, and neither did my sons.

My sons never seemed to complain about being uncircumcised, nor do they have GF problems......

I agree that it's not a big deal aND wnot be an issue ...but yes some school's have showers and in block scheduling pe is a lot longer than 45 minutes and sweat happens.

And you just called someone's 16 year old daughter a nasty name. Proud? She probably has limited experience with male parts circ'd or uncir'd anyway. Shell figure it out.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
False.

Phimosis (tight foreskin) - NHS Choices

Like I said, anyone who claims to know the absolute truth about anything is a loon or a crusader of some sort, blinded to the opposing viewpoint by their agenda. Clearly this isn't just an American trait.

Anyway, good for Europe. Some more thoughts on the circ/anti-circ debate:

- Men's opinions should be considered over women's. A woman trying to make a decision about circumcision is like a man trying to make a decision about abortion. You have only a secondary interest in the debate.

- Of course aesthetics matter. Like it or not, fair or not, natural or not, we live in a world where some people modify their bodies through surgery in order to get what they want. The idea that people can not or should not have their preferences about what they like and dislike about other people's bodies is ridiculous. They do and they always will. If circumcised men are someday seen as more sexually appealing, that will be a legitimate reason to consider not circumcising.

- You are cursing/blessing your child either way. If you don't circumcise, the kid is going to live with your decision the same as if you did. Maybe someday there will be a painless way to circumcise, but that's probably not high on the list of medical research priorities.

- When you make the decision, consider that many of the anti-circ arguments are Utopian rationalizations: "People shouldn't feel that way." "Nobody's going to see it." "It won't matter if she loves him."

Remember that in the real world people do feel that way, people will see and comment on it, and love might conquer all, but "living with/being okay with" because of love and liking/enjoying are not one and the same.
The BOLD... Shouldn't it be the man whose penis is being circumcised that should be consulted? As babies we can't so the obvious solution is to NOT do it and let them have the ELECTIVE surgery if they so choose.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Most women find the flaccid penis gross looking to begin with... just saying.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:44 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And if a handful of European "experts" recommended jumping off a cliff en masse, there are some people at this site who are so captivated by anything European, that they would automatically endorse it as well.
It's a pretty large sample if men to show that there are not routine health is most circumcised men....no matter where they are located.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And if a handful of European "experts" recommended jumping off a cliff en masse, there are some people at this site who are so captivated by anything European, that they would automatically endorse it as well.
I find it interesting that a man whose username includes the tag line "Libertarian Curmudgeon" would have any issue at all with parents who opt out of routine circumcision, regardless of what Europeans do.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-09-2015 at 11:34 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 01:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,023 times
Can we please get back to the actual topic? This has turned into just another circumcision debate. Is it still seen as bad by other teenagers for a teenage boy to be uncircumcised?

Old 06-09-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaPinecone View Post
Can we please get back to the actual topic? This has turned into just another circumcision debate. Is it still seen as bad by other teenagers for a teenage boy to be uncircumcised?
Are they discussing it amongst themselves or flashing? Why would it be an issue outside of sex?

Old 06-09-2015, 04:05 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
I've already mentioned what my sixteen-year-old daughter thinks about the issue. (She overheard my husband and I discussing the thread and asked us to explain.) She wasn't grossed out at all and wondered why it was necessary to remove the foreskin if it wasn't causing a medical issue. Her brothers are uncircumcised, although she hasn't seen them naked since they were all very young. My guess is that she'd take it in stride, because it's normal in our house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting