Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times

Advertisements

Yep--we have Legos from the 80s when my first set of kids were little. My 13 year old girls play with them weekly. Love Legos and apparently does everybody else.

San Diego Police Bust Alleged Crime Ring's $15K Toy and Legos Theft - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 10:04 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
I saved my sons' Legos. We have two huge Rubbermaid totes full, and a file for all the instructions. Someday a grandchild will be very happy.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
My mum still has all my legos (and toy cars and toy soldiers). She has lots of grandkids who come visit so lots of happy hours spent playing with them.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:16 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,618,297 times
This has been going on for years now. What they are selling isn't the Legos from years past, it is Legos they have stolen from stores/trucks/warehouses and are selling them online, at flea markets and wherever else they can get away with it.

Many years ago they were able to arrest and man and I believe his mother who had a major scam going on. They had 'visited' almost every Toys R Us in the nation and stolen tons of Legos from each of them and made a fortune off selling their stolen goods.

It's sad actually.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:53 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
now they are saying it was $100k.

this was from last year in Arizona

Want to See What $200,000 Worth of Legos Looks Like? These People Have It

and 2013. What makes an otherwise intelligent and successful person do something like this? Because it is a toy do they think it's not a serious crime? Life ruined I'm sure.

http://www.businessinsider.com/forme...g-legos-2013-8

Old 06-12-2015, 02:30 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,618,297 times
I believe that many people who do this, do so just because they can. Others do it just to show they can.

My first career was in retail. At one point we had a guy who worked on the loading dock that was discovered to be stealing. Someone finally got suspicious and he was approached by our store security. He took them out to his car and opened his trunk to show what all was in there. This guy had been taking stuff directly off the truck and when he could hop right down off the dock and go put it in his car. Since no one knew it never made it to the store, it wasn't noticed as missing for quite some time.

After a few inventories, the books finally showed things having been shipped but never appearing in our inventory and the ensuing investigation finally found the culprit. The guy wasn't dead broke or in a major bind. This was before the ease of selling on the internet, so selling these items would have been much more challenging. I don't think we ever got much of an answer as to what he did with it all.

Then of course there were the employees who loved to impress their 'friends' with their ability to add things to their bags that didn't get rung up. Or use their discount for those who didn't work there. Or the others who gave a sale price on something that wasn't actually on sale.

Most of them soon learn that no, they really can't do that, as they get handed their walking papers.

I was a department manager there and had another manager that had become a friend. Her husband was in construction doing the occasional concrete work. He talked of taking some of the company tools at a job site because he felt they didn't pay them as promised so he 'deserved the tools' as compensation. He never thought it was stealing.....sheesh

Old 06-13-2015, 09:53 AM

2,845 posts, read 6,015,898 times
I wonder how they were able to steal those huge boxes?

My DH loves Legos, he has huge totes of them and can't wait until DS is old enough to play with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting