Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:55 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times

Advertisements

To me, there need to be boundaries for both parent and child.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:10 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
You also haven't said that it's unnecessary to do so in the US, it's not customary to do so in the US, and to avoid any possible hint of impropriety or predatory behavior, it should not be done.
My points have been independent of location - as I have been addressing the question at face value as to whether it is ok or not. If you want to have a conversation about local social norms and the consequences of impinging on them - by all means do so! But do so while recognising that it has little to do with what I am saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
To me, there need to be boundaries for both parent and child.
Of course. All relationships involve boundaries - and they are important. What many fail to realise however is the boundaries that are right, important, and natural to them - are not necessarily the ones that are right for someone else.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:20 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
My points have been independent of location - as I have been addressing the question at face value as to whether it is ok or not. If you want to have a conversation about local social norms and the consequences of impinging on them - by all means do so! But do so while recognising that it has little to do with what I am saying.

Of course. All relationships involve boundaries - and they are important. What many fail to realise however is the boundaries that are right, important, and natural to them - are not necessarily the ones that are right for someone else.
Honestly, I'm not sure what your point is anymore. If you find a 14 yr old girl comfortable with the idea of a platonic shower with you, go for it. Just don't be shocked if others find you creepy for doing so.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Also, any 14 year old girl or boy that tells his/her teacher or any responsible adult that they are showering alone and intimately with an opposite sex parent will raise serious red flags. Don't be surprised by CPS investigating.

I can't believe this is even a debate.

Even the posters who as a culture are used to bathing together, said they stopped before puberty.Hmm...wonder why? Because it is outside of most cultures norms to have opposite sex parent bathe intimately with a post puberty child.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Also, any 14 year old girl or boy that tells his/her teacher or any responsible adult that they are showering alone and intimately with an opposite sex parent will raise serious red flags. Don't be surprised by CPS investigating.

I can't believe this is even a debate.

Even the posters who as a culture are used to bathing together, said they stopped before puberty.Hmm...wonder why? Because it is outside of most cultures norms to have opposite sex parent bathe intimately with a post puberty child.
I'm with you. I think the people debating this are trying to excuse behavior for one reason or another. I just don't get it.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:26 AM

203 posts, read 172,733 times
Even if not a sexual predator this can't be right. Not at any age.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:49 PM

^^^ what a load of nonsense.

Old 08-22-2015, 01:33 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
I am trying to say the outsider went inside there home. The father was being dominate and open about how they live. She did not feel comfortable for etc reasons. Decided to talk about it with the school-shrink ( who was suppose to keep things like this private ). Sent an social worker out to there house by most likely drilling the student for information. The girl was then manipulated into answering questions and this nonsense happens. This nation is falling apart when your own family have issues that could settled from inside.

Once you bring the state into somebodies house. Telling you how to live, that is it. The state is attempting to govern you. Basically the same as Communism. Attempting to brainwash what you did was wrong. In this case they are allowing "experts" to give pills and put them in housing with real wayward screwed up kids.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:42 PM

^^^ more nonsense. And victim blaming. A border line lesbian? Fagtown?

You are frightfully uneducated about child abuse.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:51 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
I am trying to say the outsider went inside there home. The father was being dominate and open about how they live. She did not feel comfortable for etc reasons. Decided to talk about it with the school-shrink ( who was suppose to keep things like this private ). Sent an social worker out to there house by most likely drilling the student for information. The girl was then manipulated into answering questions and this nonsense happens. This nation is falling apart when your own family have issues that could settled from inside.

Once you bring the state into somebodies house. Telling you how to live, that is it. The state is attempting to govern you. Basically the same as Communism. Attempting to brainwash what you did was wrong. In this case they are allowing "experts" to give pills and put them in housing with real wayward screwed up kids.
The guy is a rapist. No children should be living with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting