Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times

Advertisements

OMG! Clearly he is an grateful pig!! Clean out the room and send him a bill, but, don't ever let him back in no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 09:57 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I'd kick all of them out including your boyfriend. They all sound like lowlife freeloaders.
This ,, and being a lefty it would have to be pretty extreme before I would say that but in this case with everything you have written I totally agree with ss20ts

Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 PM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
What gets me the most is how ungrateful and unappreciative your bf's son and gf are. Peeing in bottles AND leaving them there?...leaving food and particles in the room? I personally can't stand ungrateful people because my ex-fiancé didn't appreciate the effort that I took to pay the entire mortgage, bills, etc. while she didn't work and quit her job on me.

Your bf's son may make a check, but he doesn't budget his personal finances and spends his money on stuff he wants, but doesn't need. He doesn't seem to appreciate what you and your bf does and how hard you guys work to pay the bills and keep up with your place. Some have stressful jobs just to make ends meet and have to deal with a-holes at work just to get a check. The gf should also take an initiative and show appreciation as well. That could've been shown by cleaning up after yourselves, buying food or other items, etc. How about your bf's son buying you and your bf a bottle of wine instead of him just buying himself some booze and whatever he gets high off of?

If I stayed with someone, I would show appreciation. When I stayed with my parents, I paid for groceries, bought food, took parents (especially dad because he enjoyed eating out) out to eat, etc. I think your bf should have a talk with his son. Now if his son was fired or laid off, then I can see you guys letting him stay until he gets on his feet but even then he should clean up after himself and maybe do chores around the house to show appreciation. I feel its just common courtesy but maybe I'm too nice.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:30 AM

61 posts, read 59,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
You are officially no longer a "boy" when you have a 29 year old son.

Whatever you want to call him, you have to decide if he is worth the trouble because I doubt he is going to change except that one day your boyfriend will likely be a grandpa....... if he's not already. I admit I didn't read carefully.

boogie'smom
Yes he is a grandfather. He have 2 sons. He have a 24 year old son that is married, more mature, have a full time job, and just had a baby daughter a month ago. I don't think his 29 year old son is ready to be a father at all.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:35 AM

[quote=Scooby Snacks;41460812]Incorrect. If she is a legal owner or tenant, she can file to evict one or the other in landlord/tenant court. I suggest OP do exactly that. OP, you can't just throw them out. You have to do this via legal means, and that takes time. But you can do it. I'm not going to bash the son for the position he's in. We can all get into a tight spot from time to time. Being an adult doesn't mean something bad can't happen to us financially, ascanyone who lived through the mortgage crisis of 2008 is well aware. However, it is the responsibility of people who seek help from parents or other family members to do everything they can to become fully self supporting ASAP, and not mooch off the kindness of their loved ones indefinitely.[/q

His son was not in a tight spot. He had a good job making $10 dollars an hour for 40 hours a week. $353 a month for rent for his apartment is nothing. He didn't pay his rent from April to July. I don't know what he did with his money and not paying rent. He is the one who make those bad choices and it got him evicted in July. I am paying $575 a month for rent and always on time.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
OMG! Clearly he is an grateful pig!! Clean out the room and send him a bill, but, don't ever let him back in no matter what.
I did clean out the room and put his stuffs in the boxes. I was done after seeing the pee urine in the water bottle.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
What gets me the most is how ungrateful and unappreciative your bf's son and gf are. Peeing in bottles AND leaving them there?...leaving food and particles in the room? I personally can't stand ungrateful people because my ex-fiancé didn't appreciate the effort that I took to pay the entire mortgage, bills, etc. while she didn't work and quit her job on me.

Your bf's son may make a check, but he doesn't budget his personal finances and spends his money on stuff he wants, but doesn't need. He doesn't seem to appreciate what you and your bf does and how hard you guys work to pay the bills and keep up with your place. Some have stressful jobs just to make ends meet and have to deal with a-holes at work just to get a check. The gf should also take an initiative and show appreciation as well. That could've been shown by cleaning up after yourselves, buying food or other items, etc. How about your bf's son buying you and your bf a bottle of wine instead of him just buying himself some booze and whatever he gets high off of?

If I stayed with someone, I would show appreciation. When I stayed with my parents, I paid for groceries, bought food, took parents (especially dad because he enjoyed eating out) out to eat, etc. I think your bf should have a talk with his son. Now if his son was fired or laid off, then I can see you guys letting him stay until he gets on his feet but even then he should clean up after himself and maybe do chores around the house to show appreciation. I feel its just common courtesy but maybe I'm too nice.
No my boyfriend's son didn't show any appreciation. He said I was nagging too much about his lazy mess. I had to get on him to take the trash out. I boxed his stuffs last weekend. He is no longer welcome in my home.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 AM

50,336 posts, read 63,906,560 times
So, now that you have boxed up his stuff, is the son OUT?
Is his father supporting you at this point? Is he helping you get the son and girlfriend out, or is he dragging his feet?

After this whole drama is over, will you and your boyfriend have a good relationship, or has it been ruined?

Old 10-08-2015, 09:33 AM

86 posts, read 76,194 times
Nowhere in this thread did I see that the OP owns the house or is the sole leassor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitegal74 View Post
I had been dating my boyfriend for 4 years now. We are living together in our own home.
So please stop with the "kick him out of your house" nonsense, it sounds like he's just as entitled to be there as she is.

The son on the other hand, those 2 need to figure that out. It kills me how anti-man this forum is.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:05 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated68 View Post
It kills me how anti-man this forum is.
We aren't anti-man, we are anti-assclown. Just so happens in this case the POS is a male. There are plenty of threads where it's the daughter holding the house hostage and we tell those parents to kick the little princess out, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting