Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times

Advertisements

Its really quite simple OP.

Put your kids first, and don't date anyone who doesn't respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 02:36 PM

14 posts, read 11,090 times
Haha! I just noticed. Yes... Former wife.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGG View Post
If I had allowed the comments of my kids to seep inside my brain I would not have gone on the trip. My goal at the time was trying to make everybody happy and I overlooked what was said about them. It ended up where my kids got to spend time with their grandparent and their aunt. And, at the time, I found a solution to stop a fight. Like I said... I'm no Saint and sadly what I overlooked started guilting me. We all try to be the perfect parents but we all do make mistakes. This was my biggest mistake I made with my kids. The purpose was to stop a fight, but I overlooked what was more important.
Well, good on ya, then. I have definitely made mistakes as a parent that ended up making me a better parent. It sounds like you won't make this mistake again.

For a while there it sounded like you were just upset you got dumped.

This was not the right person for you and (she?) did you a favor by breaking up with you.

Move on. Love your kids. Hopefully someone much more willing to fall in love with your kids will show up soon.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:12 AM

143 posts, read 246,471 times
Quote:
I've uploaded a picture and I do not want to influence how I take the text were written. Please make your own judgement and post them here.

Attachment 159070
You both have conflicting expectations and needs and subsequently probably don't work as a couple. TBH, I don't have kids and wouldn't want to date someone with kids (unless they were grown already), so I wouldn't date someone with kids.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:41 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Someone shouldn't be dating a single parent.

< /end thread>

Old 10-09-2015, 09:59 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Drop her, you and your child are a package deal. You couldn't change the vacation plans? Made it one week instead of two? Does she not like the child or know him well enough to spend a week with him? So she failed to adapt to the situation and made a big deal out of it.

As a parent, I couldn't date someone who didn't respect parenting, either mine or his own.

Generally speaking, someone who pouts when they don't get their way, OR cannot adapt to new things, just doesn't interest me.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:09 AM

14 posts, read 11,090 times
I'm very glad we're broken up, believe me. I was in the state at the time of trying to find a solution to make everybody happy and overlooked the insult that was said to my kids. I will never date another elementary school teacher that doesn't like kids, especially mine.
I've learned from it and admit my mistakes.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Dump her. I go on dates with single dads all the time. My assumption in going into any of those dates is that if it turns into a relationship, his children's welfare and his relationship with them will remain his priority until they are adults.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:25 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,623,562 times
Quote:
Just found this one in my text about the same situation of the trip. It's before I talked about if my son can go and when I just found out their mother cannot keep them during the weeks of our vacation.
Opinion and please no insults or being mean.
Not a surprise after reading the first text you posted.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:49 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,903,826 times
Quote:
I'm very glad we're broken up, believe me. I was in the state at the time of trying to find a solution to make everybody happy and overlooked the insult that was said to my kids. I will never date another elementary school teacher that doesn't like kids, especially mine.
I've learned from it and admit my mistakes.
So did you two plan the vacation to be without kids? Did you say "Hey, want to come on vacation with me and my kid/s?" No, you planned a couples vacation, without kids, and then tried to change it up on her. As a teacher, she was probably really looking forward to the kid free vacation she and you had planned. It doesn't mean she doesn't like your kids. It means you played the bait and switch on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting