Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:55 PM

14 posts, read 11,090 times

Advertisements

I've uploaded a picture and I do not want to influence how I take the text were written. Please make your own judgement and post them here.

Please make your own judgement.-image.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 01:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Someone shouldn't be dating a single parent.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:19 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Not enough backstory. Do you have full custody?

Sounds like someone wants some alone time with you...and isn't getting it, or enough.

I'm a single parent too, and dating another single parent. Yes, you must take care of your kids, but if you are starting a new relationship, you need to make time for that person as well. You need to find a balance. Nobody wants to feel guilty for taking someone away from their kids, and I know if my G/F said how bad she felt when she left her son to go out with me, i'd feel bad too.

You need to talk with her about how your kids will always be in your life, but you also need to make some space in your life for her and give her time and make her feel important without feeling bad the kids aren't with you 24-7.

My G/F did a mix of vacations this year. Some with kids...and some with us just alone.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM

676 posts, read 725,996 times
sounds like she wants to leave the kid out of what ever actuvity you guys are going to be doing. if it were me ide take the kid and not worry what the girl friend has to say about it. I personally involve my son with all the trips n stuff i go on.I do.t see the need to leave the kids out of vacations n stuff like that unless that is how it is planed from the get go. it is kinda hard though going off what lil text was shown. I believe wmsn4life might be spot on

Old 10-07-2015, 02:32 PM

14 posts, read 11,090 times
I'll try to give as much backstory without making it one sided. I'm trying to see if I'm thinking this is wrong or right of me to be upset.
I have 50/50 custody with my children so I have 1 week on and then. My partner (who doesn't have kids) and I decided to go on vacation for 2 weeks. My formal spouse decided they could not watch my kids for 4 weeks bc of work and this was right at the time we were going to leave out of the country. I was thinking the best bet was to have my child come with us for the last week we were there to make it compromisable to have alone time with my partner for a week and then have my children there for the last week.
Hopefully, this doesn't sound bias and will be enough information for you guys?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:38 PM

676 posts, read 725,996 times
sounds like grounds to be upset if your partner cannot compromise a lil. half of it will be alone time so that seems pretty fair to me

Old 10-07-2015, 02:47 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
"it's not my burden to take on" says it all. To her the children are a burden and she won't cooperate or understand your love and responsibilities for them.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGG View Post
I'll try to give as much backstory without making it one sided. I'm trying to see if I'm thinking this is wrong or right of me to be upset.
I have 50/50 custody with my children so I have 1 week on and then. My partner (who doesn't have kids) and I decided to go on vacation for 2 weeks. My formal spouse decided they could not watch my kids for 4 weeks bc of work and this was right at the time we were going to leave out of the country. I was thinking the best bet was to have my child come with us for the last week we were there to make it compromisable to have alone time with my partner for a week and then have my children there for the last week.
Hopefully, this doesn't sound bias and will be enough information for you guys?
That seems fair to me.

A little unreasonable for her to think she'd get 2 weeks alone with you when you have a 1 week on/off custody agreement. 1 week with her alone and 1 with the kids seems more than fair.....considering she's technically dating both of you.

I think Wmsn4life got it right

Old 10-07-2015, 02:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
"it's not my burden to take on" says it all. To her the children are a burden and she won't cooperate or understand your love and responsibilities for them.
Yep.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Drop her. Or him? You and your children are a package deal, at 50% off. Either your partner accepts that, or not. Please don't make your children pay for adult choices though.

Last edited by Mattie; 10-07-2015 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Too many assumptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting