Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Yes, there is. Including the fact that a belt was used, there have been multiple suspensions for both kids, and a first hand look at a mother who supposedly earned a degree in social work, but seems to have no grasp of how to express herself without swearing. All her degree seems to have given her is a window into her legal rights when dealing with CPS.
Seriously....and she talks in such a horribly vulgar way to social workers who are doing their jobs in response to her physically assaulting her child? Hope the social work board sees her ranting video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I call for an end to this thread because nobody is going to budge from their beliefs. There are countless threads on spanking and they all say pretty much the same things from the same people.
lol...This is an opinion forum, u can choose to post or stop participating.....

Old 10-29-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
50 years ago, you could beat the snot out of your kids no said a thing about it. It was not unusual for kids to show up to school with bruises, black eyes, whip marks, and broken arms and wrists. One classmate's father knocked her front teeth out and no one said a thing about it.

I for one am glad that Children Services stands up for kids. I wish they had been around when I was growing up.
They were around ..too bad no one had the cajones to call them to help those kids. Horrific!

Old 10-29-2015, 08:38 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I was obedient as well. And terrified! I don't want my kids to be obedient. I want them have good judgement.
I expect my children to be obedient to a degree- it's rooted in respect. I'm their father, and I deserve that (no I command that).It was especially important when they were younger.

That's a real problem- not to expect obedience or respect. Judgement only comes with experience. It comes after years of raising your kids. Obedience keeps their a*ses out of trouble. If my child were expelled from school- I'm fairly certain they would not like the homecoming reception.

However I need not worry- my kids are both on track with stellar grades and a sound foundation of morals and principals. Including obeying thy mother and father. Now that my son is 17, we are friends, but I am still his father. Any relationship foundation has to be earned by respect- they know that. They are willingly obedient because our judgement is sound- they respect that. Up to this point- my son has earned my respect, however he knows it can be easily lost.

Last edited by Threerun; 10-29-2015 at 08:47 PM..

Old 11-04-2015, 12:18 PM

369 posts, read 193,700 times
Spanking, even with a belt, is legal. Whether this crossed the line from spanking to physical abuse will be for the system to determine.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Sickening. Why is the US the only developed country in the world that refuses to outlaw this barbaric practice?

My parents didn't believe in spanking, and I was a nightmare as a kid. But they fixed that right quick by fining me or taking away privileges. Which tends to correlate more with the real world. You don't get to slap your employees' ass if they're late or something, lol. So what's the sense in it?

Had my parents ever tried to hit me, I'd probably have hit them back.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Sickening. Why is the US the only developed country in the world that refuses to outlaw this barbaric practice?
It's not. Spanking is legal in France, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Italy just for starters.

Quote:
My parents didn't believe in spanking, and I was a nightmare as a kid. But they fixed that right quick by fining me or taking away privileges. Which tends to correlate more with the real world. You don't get to slap your employees' ass if they're late or something, lol. So what's the sense in it?
The "real world"--meaning the adult world--has more severe, not less severe consequences for misbehavior than a spanking.

Quote:
Had my parents ever tried to hit me, I'd probably have hit them back.
Little ray of sunshine, weren't you?

Old 11-05-2015, 04:46 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
It's not. Spanking is legal in France, Canada, the UK, Ireland and Italy just for starters.

The "real world"--meaning the adult world--has more severe, not less severe consequences for misbehavior than a spanking.

Little ray of sunshine, weren't you?
Those countries are the exception though. The vast majority of developed countries have outlawed it.

There are definitely more severe consequences in the real world, but they don't usually involve violence (except for bar fights maybe). They usually involve losing something/access to something, or having to pay financially.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Those countries are the exception though.
Along with Japan, Australia, South Korea, Switzerland, Brazil, South Africa...

Old 11-06-2015, 07:34 PM

371 posts, read 257,967 times
DCFS are nothing more than domestic terrorists who terrorize families for disciplining a child they take ignorant obvious lies and use them to kidnap kids and sell them for highest profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting