Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 12:02 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,539,131 times

Advertisements

As parents, we have all fooled our kids (whether santa or the tooth fairy as examples) but do you have an even more creative funny story to share?

Here's mine for "fool the kids":
We were at a Mexican restaurant for dinner but it was early so there was very few people in the restaurant. Because of that, the bus boy was standing at the kitchen entrance just watching. We told the kids that he was monitoring the kids to make sure everyone ate all their food and behaved. The look on their faces when he came to collect the dishes was priceless!

Later, in the car, we told them the truth and that we were proud how well-behaved they were and that they finished their meals thus justifying it as a learning tool. We also told the bus boy (later when he was a waiter) and he remembered the looks the kiddos gave him. We all had a good chuckle and the kiddos still remember our deception to this day with a smile.

As for "fool the parents," here's mine:
My daughter was 13 at the time and asked me to drive her to a local store to cash in her coins. I did but something just didn't sit right with me. When we got home, I didn't really think about it just went about my business. A few days later I needed some change so I went to the large jar we kept it in... totally cleaned out! I had to laugh... She totally fooled me (it wasn't the first time which was faking an injury at age 2 to win the race to the mailbox!) so I let it go. Still make sure to remind her she owes me some change now and then for fun though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 06:59 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,899,909 times
My kids get really upset if I try to fool them.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:03 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,900,071 times
Probably the funniest time was when we were preparing Thanksgiving dinner and I pulled out the turkey neck and said, "Oh, look! We got a boy turkey!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting