Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:19 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times

Advertisements

It's hard for me to believe my children will turn out "bad".

It's hard to think I would ever not love them.

My job as a parent is to make sure I give them the tools to be upstanding citizens in their community. To become good people. If I do my part, I hope they will do theirs.

If they "fail" to become good human beings, I would see it as a failure of mine. I don't think I could ever not love my kids but if they did turn out bad and I know I'd done my job, then I'd be very disappointed in them for making bad decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 12:31 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Yes, parents tend to love their children unconditionally. You see it all the time where parents deny their children's actions or try to make excuses for them. That is simply the way it is.

I have a friend whose adult son sexually molested his daughter and is rightfully serving his time in prison. She was extremely upset with him, but she tried making excuses for what he did and worries about his 'unjust' treatment in prison. It's hard for me to listen to it all because I have, like, NO sympathy. But I'm sure that if I was in her place that it would be too hard to process, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting