Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:59 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,235 times

Advertisements

OP, do you know where you came in contact with it? How did you get it?

It occurs to me that your wife was presumably in the hospital 3 months ago to give birth and may have picked it up there and be a silent carrier. Has she been tested? Has the baby? Maybe she needs to be more concerned that one of them could give it to you in your compromised immune state.

There would be a sad irony to a situation where the mother silently carrying the disease refuses to let the father who has been treated for and cleared of it touch the baby, or worse, that the baby is the silent carrier.

Also, someone made a thoughtless comment about your MM diagnosis upthread. I have a friend in her late sixties/early seventies who has been successfully living with MM for at least 25 years. She has a few downs, but mostly she has been living a full, active, happy life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 12:10 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemon View Post
Because he likely just got a swab test - which only swabs a few high-risk areas of his body at most.

However, MRSA can be living anywhere on your skin, internally, and even up to 8 weeks on some contaminated surfaces. Now, how can any test magically test all those areas???

Therefore, time will tell if and when he is actually clear. Sure, maybe he already is - but there is certainly no 100% guarantee of that at this point. Which is why playing it safe by taking more precautions while allowing some time first...would be a prudent thing to do. Sort of like how they handle Ebola...Lol, antibacterial soaps are what have helped breed MRSA, and its been proven they are no more effective than regular soap. So go ahead and use them, if you want to worsen the problem!

This is a medical issue and probably could be discussed on its own in the appropriate subforum for some actually accurate advice.
When you have mrsa they give you special soap to use. It's antibacterial.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:21 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5878 View Post
Grow up
You first.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:39 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,639,614 times
OP, the problems with your wife aside (I'm not going to even address that issue because I'm not qualified to nor do I know you or your wife) but for your baby daughter's sake, wouldn't you prefer to wait one week just to be certain? Even if your doctor has cleared you, why take the chance - its not that long. It appears that you just want validation for your viewpoint, but would it hurt to consider your wife's feelings in this? I didn't "introduce" my baby daughter to the public until she was 4 months old because I didn't want her picking up any germs from people that her young body wasn't yet prepared to fight. A three-month old baby girl is very vulnerable and I simply would prefer to wait for my own peace of mind and the baby's well being.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemon View Post
Because he likely just got a swab test - which only swabs a few high-risk areas of his body at most.

However, MRSA can be living anywhere on your skin, internally, and even up to 8 weeks on some contaminated surfaces. Now, how can any test magically test all those areas???

Therefore, time will tell if and when he is actually clear. Sure, maybe he already is - but there is certainly no 100% guarantee of that at this point. Which is why playing it safe by taking more precautions while allowing some time first...would be a prudent thing to do. Sort of like how they handle Ebola...Lol, antibacterial soaps are what have helped breed MRSA, and its been proven they are no more effective than regular soap. So go ahead and use them, if you want to worsen the problem!

This is a medical issue and probably could be discussed on its own in the appropriate subforum for some actually accurate advice.
Speaking of bad advice. Triclosan has been shown to POSSIBLY encourage MRSA bacteria, but I use triclosan-free products. Tea tree oil has also proven effective for some. My friends used it for their daughter when she had the MRSA infection.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:37 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
If you actually read the thread you'd see that he was cleared by his doctor......
If you actually read the thread you'd realize his doctor is not the baby's pediatrician... Well, maybe he is, considering how childish the OP seems to be.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:39 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm5878 View Post
I didn't realize you were the expert on MM. Clearly you are incorrect, uninformed and narrow minded to boot.
I'm an expert on a lot of things. Just like you're an expert on being ignorant and self centered apparently.

Good luck with the rest of your life, sounds like you're going to need it.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:57 PM

155 posts, read 234,061 times
Sounds like a tough spot, while I understand somewhat, unless you are living separately for the week, I find it pretty pointless. Is she making you wear face masks and gloves?

Old 11-09-2015, 02:20 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Well, I would err on the side of caution, however, I wonder why you wife makes all the rules in your house?

Old 11-09-2015, 02:25 PM

155 posts, read 234,061 times
Have you never lived with a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting