Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:31 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, its not. You are just choosing to believe that because we disagree. Nothing I've said supports your misguided assumption.
Your the one that said you would be offended if a restaurant handed you that card...and that people just need to deal with badly beheaved kids since adults can act badly at times as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 05:34 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Your the one that said you would be offended if a restaurant handed you that card...and that people just need to deal with badly beheaved kids since adults can act badly at times as well.
I would be.

I did not say that.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I would be.

I did not say that.
When you get upset that parents are told that they are expected to control their children and then go on to use as an excuse some rude adults you saw over the summer....yeah...you pretty much don't come across as someone that thinks children should be expected to behave and their parents held accountable....or that the rest of us have a right to expect kids to behave.

(Your dismissal of someone who had food thrown into their hair is also telling....people that expect their kids to behave don't laugh...even nervously.....when their kids do something like that.)

Old 11-15-2015, 06:12 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
You know what? If I went to an upper dining place and they handed me a "please remember" card about how they expect my children to behave, I'd be fine with it. It wouldn't be an insult. But to be so condescending and make it for the kid...that's offensive. You don't get to talk to my kid. Or make the rules. Or get to me through them.

How stupid are some people?

P.s. The restaurant in question is not so great. Been there. I should send some note cards to their wait staff and servers on how to do their job. Clearly, the owners don't like kids. Bottom line.

Pps when you mock us by calling our children our special snowflake you lost the battle. Go home.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
When you get upset that parents are told that they are expected to control their children and then go on to use as an excuse some rude adults you saw over the summer....yeah...you pretty much don't come across as someone that thinks children should be expected to behave and their parents held accountable....or that the rest of us have a right to expect kids to behave.

(Your dismissal of someone who had food thrown into their hair is also telling....people that expect their kids to behave don't laugh...even nervously.....when their kids do something like that.)
No, I get upset when all parents of this generation are lumped together. I get upset when restaurants feel the need to talk down to every single family that walks through the door. I get upset when adults are allowed to act like total *******s when they should know better but small children, young families and exhausted parents aren't given the benefit of the doubt.

I did not dismiss that person. I asked quite a pertinent question. Many people laugh when they are embarrassed and nervous and its automatic.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:

You are conveniently ignoring the post to which I was responding regarding adults behaving badly. Do you need me to repost it for you to refresh your memory?

And you pretty much come across as the type of person that looks for any excuse to insult families.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:32 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
"hot, heavy, Mexican food".... there was a case where a child literally got burned by hot pasta as it fell off the plate of a server onto a child.

If this place doesn't want to outright ban kids, my suggestion would be to provide crayons and coloring sheets for them. That has worked to get some kids from running amok.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:40 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
You know what? If I went to an upper dining place and they handed me a "please remember" card about how they expect my children to behave, I'd be fine with it. It wouldn't be an insult. But to be so condescending and make it for the kid...that's offensive. You don't get to talk to my kid. Or make the rules. Or get to me through them.

How stupid are some people?

P.s. The restaurant in question is not so great. Been there. I should send some note cards to their wait staff and servers on how to do their job. Clearly, the owners don't like kids. Bottom line.

Pps when you mock us by calling our children our special snowflake you lost the battle. Go home.
Restaurant owners property...Restaurant owner has the right to talk to ALL patrons and lay out the rules. Simple as that.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:42 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
You are conveniently ignoring the post to which I was responding regarding adults behaving badly. Do you need me to repost it for you to refresh your memory?

And you pretty much come across as the type of person that looks for any excuse to insult families.
I haven't seen her insult families...since she likely has one herself even if it doesn't include children.

Do you think only a man/woman/child(ren) equals family ?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
"hot, heavy, Mexican food".... there was a case where a child literally got burned by hot pasta as it fell off the plate of a server onto a child.

If this place doesn't want to outright ban kids, my suggestion would be to provide crayons and coloring sheets for them. That has worked to get some kids from running amok.
I worked at an Applebee's years ago.....plenty of crayons and the back of a paper menu designed for kids. I saw a child that would not stay with his oarents...and the parents weren't even trying....be tripped over by a server with a tray with the food for a 6 top...it went flying. Cost the restaurant all that food....then they had to comp the table because of the extra wait...and the kids parents got mad at the server because the crash scared the kid.

Crayons don't solve this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting