Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:20 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperBB View Post
I have a 4 year old son. His father fooled me into believing we were on a serious relationship but he only wanted to take advantadge of me for sex. He comes from a well off family, always had everything he wanted and women are just there for his pleasure.

Still, I got pregnant and I'm glad I chose to keep my precious little boy. He means everything to me.

Despite his lifestyle, his father assumed paternity and has always paid child support. The court agreement said my son would start spending alternate weekends with his dad once he was 3, which he did.

I'm worried all the time he goes there. Not because I think his father will mistreat him, of course...I just don't know if he'll be as attentive as I am and I worry about the kind of people he might have around. Still, my son always comes back happy at the end of the weekend.

Yesterday I was changing to my nightgown after a shower but had left my clothes on the bed. My son came in and I reminded him he should always ask permission to enter when the door is closed.

However, he saw my bra on the bed and said dad had one of those in his bedroom as well. I went mad and called him immediately. I told him our agreement meant no booty calls while our son was with him.

He said I was being paranoid, that "Beatrice" had left one of her bras there on Thrusday night and his housekeeper couldn't come that day to put everything in order.

Do you think I'm being paranoid or he might blackmailing our son so that he doesn't tell what he has seen? I never know what kind of things he's up to...I wouldn't dream of bringing a strange man to my house while my son is here.
I think you're overreacting. Just ask the father about it, and re-clarify what the two of you have agreed on. He confirmed his agreement of no booty calls while the little tike was there. No problem. (My guess is that the gal leaves clothing at his house for convenience. Although I had a wild youth, and I never left a bra anywhere.)

Remember that the little tike is not just yours. He's equally his, as well. Neither of you has superior parental rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:23 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,568 times
Quote:
I have a 4 year old son. His father fooled me into believing we were on a serious relationship but he only wanted to take advantadge of me for sex. He comes from a well off family, always had everything he wanted and women are just there for his pleasure.

Still, I got pregnant and I'm glad I chose to keep my precious little boy. He means everything to me.

Despite his lifestyle, his father assumed paternity and has always paid child support. The court agreement said my son would start spending alternate weekends with his dad once he was 3, which he did.

I'm worried all the time he goes there. Not because I think his father will mistreat him, of course...I just don't know if he'll be as attentive as I am and I worry about the kind of people he might have around. Still, my son always comes back happy at the end of the weekend.

Yesterday I was changing to my nightgown after a shower but had left my clothes on the bed. My son came in and I reminded him he should always ask permission to enter when the door is closed.

However, he saw my bra on the bed and said dad had one of those in his bedroom as well. I went mad and called him immediately. I told him our agreement meant no booty calls while our son was with him.

He said I was being paranoid, that "Beatrice" had left one of her bras there on Thrusday night and his housekeeper couldn't come that day to put everything in order.

Do you think I'm being paranoid or he might blackmailing our son so that he doesn't tell what he has seen? I never know what kind of things he's up to...I wouldn't dream of bringing a strange man to my house while my son is here.
Yes, you're being paranoid. Your son won't be damaged by seeing a bra. Your ex has a right to have other relationships - if you don't like it, too bad. This is how you chose to parent - as in, with someone you were not married to. By acting like a jealous nutcase and giving the ex a hard time, the only person you are hurting is your son. You need to have an amicable relationship, and there is no one to blame but yourself if you do not. The ex has a right to a private life and it's none of your business.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:24 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Get a grip.
You can't expect to control the father of your child.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:29 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
OP: You are overreacting and being unreasonable. Happy kid? Check. Child support? Check. Dad is not putting the child at risk, so you are done. It is time to back off.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:35 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,223,677 times
I was waiting for you to tell us that the bra was Dad's

Dad is entitled to have guests, you are being too controlling and paranoid.
Going forward as your son gets older you should also be prepared for Dad to have guests even when your son is there. After all, I assume eventually you may do the same thing.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:46 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

1.You got mad before getting the facts, you jumped to conclusions (and worse you then acted on them by calling him while you were mad) and you should probably reflect on that.

2. Your whole "blackmailing a 4 year old" thing is indeed paranoid. Heck, he already mentioned the bra and basically 4 year olds are notoriously bad at keeping secrets lol.

His dad might not be perfect but he's got a relationship with him and that's important to your sons development imo.

You obviously don't like the guy but are you going to let that attitude poison your son as well? Imagine if he were doing the same about you (truthful or not)?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:25 AM

412 posts, read 451,682 times
What everyone else said.

Or you could go bra-less and pretend they don't exist. That way the boy won't have to ask embarrassing (to you) questions.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:26 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:

I reread your post. It's worse then over reacting. You are causing drama and strife and hurting your son with your behavior.

You aren't taking responsibility for the relationship or the baby. You say he tricked you. Nope...either you didn't look at the whole picture or the story is actually different. You got pregnant. Now you talk about what a bad guy he is.

But the facts are
1) dad stepped up to raise the child
2) dad is paying child support
3) son comes home happy

And with these facts you "went mad" (likely in front of your son) and attacked this guy for something random a 4 year old said. Even accusing him of blackmailing (not bribing) your son. truth be told, you won the baby daddy lotto.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:57 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Wow........when I saw the thread title, I thought this was a post about thinking that the father was a TV/CD.

Of course, if that was the assumption, then an alternate explanation would be that a friend had left it behind.....for whatever reason, such as after a date, such as to have a place for spare clothes.

As an actress, I have different sets of clothes for this or that part, clothes that I might not wear day to day on the street, including men's briefs. Long story short, when I have to play a boy, wearing such clothes contributes to the feedback that the meditation world of getting into character provides. That is, it is hard to maintain the focal lock that you are a boy if you are still wearing the undies of a girl.

I suppose if someone were working in their garage on a new type of body armor, they might have a few bras around and some Shirleys Breast Enhancers to determine the ballistics as it applies to women. (Not that I think I've come across that actual situation but rather, if I were a boy and they did find my Shirleys, what might be an explanation....and I have done about 5 weeks research into body armor design and experimentation).

THE POINT IS don't jump to conclusions. Take at least a few seconds back and think, consider as much for what you take as the obvious to what might be alternate explanations.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:24 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Biggest overreaction ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting