Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 AM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Back to the topic. My kid has Sands Alive which is a pretty neat activity toy. I just cleaned up the family room and found sand all over the floor, stuck in the carpet. So, who do I blame? Play Visions or my son? I blame my son for not playing with it correctly. I don't think the design of the toy is lacking because my kid isn't able or is unwilling to follow directions.
You don't have to blame anybody. But you can pass on your experience with the resulting mess, just like those who bought the Bunchems have done, and let the parents decide if the toy is worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:43 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Back to the topic. My kid has Sands Alive which is a pretty neat activity toy. I just cleaned up the family room and found sand all over the floor, stuck in the carpet. So, who do I blame? Play Visions or my son? I blame my son for not playing with it correctly. I don't think the design of the toy is lacking because my kid isn't able or is unwilling to follow directions.
But if you were to review it you might say "eek my kid got this sand everywhere and it took me forever to get out of the carpet" and I might read that and go "oh no, I just got new carpets. I'm not going to risk that". That's not blaming the manufacturer. That's reviewing how the product works in real life and making decisions as a consumer.

Blaming the manufacturer is "I got this pacifier for my baby and it came apart in her mouth and she nearly choked!"

Maybe you don't fully understand the point of a review.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:35 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
You don't have to blame anybody. But you can pass on your experience with the resulting mess, just like those who bought the Bunchems have done, and let the parents decide if the toy is worth it.
Pass along info? Sure. Give the toy a bad review because my kid didn't use it correctly? Not so much. Its like people who give books bad reviews because shipping was screwed up.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

Maybe you don't fully understand the point of a review.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:12 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,519 times
I take a review to mean the consumer liked the product or didn't, followed by a reason why they liked it or didn't. This toy gets bad reviews because people don't like them getting tangled in their kid's hair. To me, that's a valid reason. A bad review because of a shipping incident is not a valid reason.

Which is why I look at the stars given AND read the written review. If I felt like little sticky things were a non issue, I would purchase it anyway. If I have a girl with hair that is both long and curly, which I do, as well as pets, as well as clothing and furniture I don't want those things stuck on, then I appreciate the information and would choose not to purchase it. Nothing personal against the toy or the manufacturer. It's just a decision I would make for myself and my household. Maybe I don't want to monitor and worry over whether my child uses the toy as directed. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. Maybe it just isn't worth the trouble.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:29 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times
It sounds like *SOMEBODY* here invested a lot into the company or product and is quite concerned the sales will be lower due to bad reviews.....

I'd never buy them because i have animals who might check them out and get them caught in their fur. No thanks. Burrs from outside are bad enough.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
It sounds like *SOMEBODY* here invested a lot into the company or product and is quite concerned the sales will be lower due to bad reviews.....
Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting