Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:45 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
Tried to rep you but couldn't again yet. I really wish C-D wouldn't limit reps.
I agree with that. My apologies to melovecookies. I have absolutely no idea why I responded that way. It was cray cray. My only guess is that I was upset about the playground issue and just looking for an outlet. No matter the reasons, it was stupid and not accurate the the posting. Again, my bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 06:25 AM

649 posts, read 569,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I agree with that. My apologies to melovecookies. I have absolutely no idea why I responded that way. It was cray cray. My only guess is that I was upset about the playground issue and just looking for an outlet. No matter the reasons, it was stupid and not accurate the the posting. Again, my bad.
Apology accepted. It's funny because my daughter actually had two broken bones in her life, one from the trampoline incident and the first one from falling off the monkey bars at the playground. We all try our best to keep our kids safe but sometimes despite our best efforts their going to get hurt.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:44 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
Apology accepted. It's funny because my daughter actually had two broken bones in her life, one from the trampoline incident and the first one from falling off the monkey bars at the playground. We all try our best to keep our kids safe but sometimes despite our best efforts their going to get hurt.

About 4 years ago, my SIL and family were in FL on Christmas vacation. They were at a park with their 4 kids and my SIL was playing around on the monkey bars and broke her leg. It was awful.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
We haven't had any broken bones yet but I think it's my kids temperament. They are all focused on safety. I was thinking of getting a trampoline but I worry my kids wouldn't use it.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
About 4 years ago, my SIL and family were in FL on Christmas vacation. They were at a park with their 4 kids and my SIL was playing around on the monkey bars and broke her leg. It was awful.
My sister fell off a *maybe* 3 foot high platform and broker her arm. It was crazy! Like she tripped and fell, but she landed on her arm wrong.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
We haven't had any broken bones yet but I think it's my kids temperament. They are all focused on safety. I was thinking of getting a trampoline but I worry my kids wouldn't use it.
I am really excited for it. I work from home and I plan to jump on it when they are at school!

Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
When my daughter broke her arm due to a tramp incident and told the doctor what happened, he told us that his first guess when kids break their arms is always monkey bars or trampoline.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:28 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,603,472 times
This woman probably spent too much!

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/12/okay...-presents.html
Attached Thumbnails
How much do you spend per child for Christmas?-image.jpg  

Old 12-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
When my daughter broke her arm due to a tramp incident and told the doctor what happened, he told us that his first guess when kids break their arms is always monkey bars or trampoline.
Or soccer...My son plays soccer and he was tripped and he landed on his arm. It broke his fall and somehow it wasn't broken. A couple of weeks later I ran into a friend and her son did break his arm playing soccer.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:43 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
We spend about $125-$150 on each of our two kids, plus maybe $30-$40 on each of us, plus maybe $10-$15 for stocking stuffers for each of the four of us. We'll also do $20 gift cards for each of our three nieces. So, roughly $400-$500 in total. The kids typically also each get a $25 gift card from their aunt/uncle and a check (ranging between $50 and $100) from their grandparents. Both kids have summer birthdays, so it makes it easy to not concentrate all the gift-giving at once.

Some years we travel to visit family, other years they travel to see us. Either way, it involves additional expense. This year, no one is going anywhere, because we had a big extended-family trip to Hawaii last summer and we decided that we'd all spent enough on travel for the year.

We buy one or two things in September, another one or two in October, and almost all of the rest in November. We dislike crowded stores, so we avoid the malls in December. Yes, we put all our purchases on credit cards (because it's more convenient than cash, plus we get about half of our stuff online, plus we get the cash back bonus) but we absolutely pay it off in full every month, without exception. Both my wife and I HATE credit card debt and will absolutely not voluntarily allow ourselves to go into it. (Fortunately, we've not yet had a situation where circumstances have demanded it; but in any case, Christmas presents are not an "emergency" purchase.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting