Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 07:39 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Why wouldn't you wrap them?
If I remember correctly, Santa presents weren't wrapped when I was a kid.

My kids are 6/7 (almost 8). We also wrap their presents in two different wrapping papers. I think this year might be the last year of Santa. They have both already asked me if Santa is real. I told both of them that if they believe then he is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
When my children were young the family given gifts were wrapped. Santa's weren't and they knew running to the tree the proof was there that he did exist. Once the Santa myth was discovered all the packages got wrapped except for the larger things. Thanks to all the posters on this thread and the one who created it. Was nice to relive all your Christmases from the past. By the way Merry Christmas to you all. It's just around the corner but way less elaborate for me as no little ones.
Merry Christmas to you as well!

Old 12-12-2015, 10:40 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,638 times
None.

"There is no Santa Claus. I am Santa Claus" -My father

ETA: Merry Christmas!

Old 12-12-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
None.

That's why the OP included the "if you include Santa in your Christmas."

Old 12-12-2015, 12:21 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
If I remember correctly, Santa presents weren't wrapped when I was a kid.

My kids are 6/7 (almost 8). We also wrap their presents in two different wrapping papers. I think this year might be the last year of Santa. They have both already asked me if Santa is real. I told both of them that if they believe then he is real.
I never did the separate wrapping paper thing for our kids (who are now 8 and 5) until about 2 years ago, when my husband walked in, saw that I was using all the same wrapping paper, and pointed out this obvious flaw.

I told him that's what happens when you leave the Jewish parent (me) in charge of the wrapping. I am wiser now, though

Old 12-12-2015, 12:24 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
None.

Once, when I was about 6 years old, I was sitting at my bedroom window scanning the skies for Santa, when my Mother walked by and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was looking for Santa and she said "We're Jewish, Santa doesn't come to our house, remember?", and just kept on walking down the hall.

WHAT?!!!

Old 12-12-2015, 02:51 PM

162 posts, read 213,023 times
When I was a child, everything was from Santa and it was all wrapped. I don't have time for that! Especially the secret paper!

For my kids, Santa brings 3 gifts, just like Jesus received, plus the stocking. We travel right after Christmas, so I do not wrap the Santa gifts. We put them together and get them ready to use, hooked up, batteries, etc. We purchase them several more things that get wrapped and labeled from mom and dad. Santa always gets the fun, wow gifts.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
My children are grown and so Santa doesn't visit any more.

As a teacher, if I had one wish, it would be that parents tone down their Santa gifts in both number and expense.

It is hard to see wealthier children brag about all of their Santa gifts to their less wealthy peers. It is easy to explain to a small child why someone with a wealthy family would receive many expensive gifts from their parents. It is hard to explain why Santa brought the wealthy child a gaming system, an iPhone, and a TV, while the poorer child got a small gift and some stocking stuffers. It's fine if you want to buy your child $1,000 worth of presents. Make them from you, not Santa.

It almost makes a person want to tell children the real reason why Santa is so inequitable with his gift giving.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:57 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,528,085 times
We open Christmas presents on Christmas eve night.

Christmas morning is Santa gifts unwrapped and stockings. Christmas can start anytime after Santa arrival, sometimes 4AM...Everyone has a stocking and anyone can slip something in a stocking...Sometimes those are wrapped and say who from, others it's just a surprise. Stockings are usually the funniest part of it all.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:22 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
One gift from Santa, one gift from Mom, one gift from Dad, and one gift from each sibling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting