Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,528,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Sorry to dissappoint here, I have one child and I have to agree with alot of what they say. I think some people have no more sense then to breed when they shouldn't even have a house plant to take care of. I have seen some brain dead mf with children, having children doesn't suddenly give someone a brain, or wash away the sins or anything else, it doesn't bring you closer to your Santa Jesus or make you worthy or whatever else people seem to think.

Historically, making sure your woman gave you children was a way to keep control of her, socialogically speaking that is.

Its easy to see how child free people come up with calling people whose ENTIRE lives are centered around children breeders. I have been around people who can't string two words together that are not about their kids. Its like their brains of turned to babyfood. Breeders are just as good a name as any for these brain donors.

You disappoint me because you strike me as someone who doesn't care if others are mistreated, as long as its not you. That you can sit back and allow others to denigrate you because of the choice you made while you support theirs is unconscionable. I've made allusions to the Nazis before and I stick by it...you justify the hate speech by saying it only applies to "bad" parents...what happens when the moo they speak of is you and the crotch whatever is your child? How will you feel then?

If you want to say you know some parents who are a-holes, no argument here, but to not say that the insulting names are over the top and below the belt, to own the derogatory label they stick on you, that is sad. Did you ever wonder, why not just "irresponsible people with children" or " bad parents" or "reproducers"? The answer is because animals breed and if you want to think someone is less than human, you call them an animal, much like the Nazis called the Jews rats and vermin. I find it ironic that the child free want that name as it carries several connotations about their choice and children, while they justify breeder because the dictionary says so or some crap.

And what about me, I'm a man home with 3 kids...did my wife "enslave" me because I have no source of income and trust her not to leave me or take all of our money and fly to Rio? It's called trust in her and confidence in myself to handle whatever comes my way. If today's feminists would realize that the 60's anti-family anti-male paradigm no longer holds true, they would be a lot happier.

Last edited by orrmobl; 03-23-2008 at 10:05 PM..

Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrmobl View Post
If jumping off a bridge insured the continuation of the species, I'm sure most of us would.

My point is that those who think reproduction unnecessary are deluded.

All humans are living organisms. We are animals, sorry to break it to you. And those of us who choose to become parents don't like to be called breeders.

Do I really have to explain all this - how can people be disdainful of a process by which they came to be? Not wanting to have kids is fine, looking down one's nose at those who do is delusional.

And I believe those who are fanatically child free are afraid of not having their needs met for a change, of being inconvenienced, of not attaining all their material and career goals, and quite possibly of not being capable of loving and being loved.

Society doesn't tell you to have kids, but ALL living things are designed to reproduce. If you choose to ignore that design and not reproduce, bully for you, but don't try to legitimize your choice by denigrating the choice of others, especially when there are larger issues at stake like the continuation of the human race.

Hahaha! what a rambling incoherent diatribe!

First, you speak for "most of us"...who IS "most of us" and how do YOU know how they feel ?

Second, jumping off a bridge is stupid and nowhere near as fun as sex....

Third, reproduction for SOME is NOT necessary....like me, other childfree people and nuns, priests, ands some monks, the infertile, etc.

Fourth, you say, """
All humans are living organisms. We are animals, sorry to break it to you. And those of us who choose to become parents don't like to be called breeders."""

Duh, animals BREED. Humans allegedly can make intelligent decisions...obviously YOU are an organism only.

Fifth, then you say,
""Do I really have to explain all this - how can people be disdainful of a process by which they came to be?""

WHERE did anyone say they were disdainful of the process? And even if they did your statement makes no sense whatsoever...we should reproduce because someone else did???That's just plain NUTS!

Sixth, you say, ""Not wanting to have kids is fine, looking down one's nose at those who do is delusional.""

What have YOU been doing but making nasty remarks, calling somone an ass????

Seventh, you talk in circles trapping yourself frequently,
"""And I believe those who are fanatically child free are afraid of not having their needs met for a change, of being inconvenienced, of not attaining all their material and career goals, and quite possibly of not being capable of loving and being loved.""

Paraphrasing: Those who are fanatically pumping out babies are afraid of not having their need for easy love fulfilled,,,better to have kids who will love you than be lovable so anyone else will They are using children to cover for their lack of career success, material/financial loss.

Why are you " try(ing) to legitimize your choice by denigrating the choice of others," ???

Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please tell me where, on this thread, anyone has referred to you or other parents as “breeders?” I do use that term because it is a fact. Look it up. Yes, you don’t like it so I’m not using it here.

You’re the one referring to all childfree people as fanatics. Perhaps we’re just a bit self-aware; perhaps parents, or parents to be, might enjoy participating in it, too.

We don’t need excuses for our choice. It is our choice, not yours to judge. Our choice has no effect on your decision. I don’t understand why that is such a difficult concept.

Again, I’ll ask you What childfree policy? Your responses are more in the “irrational fears of immature minds” if you believe that all people should procreate.

There’s no guarantee either way; but I’ve cultivated friendships and relationships over the years that won’t preclude my being cared for. Neither is the fact that you’ve raised children guarantee that you will be cared for by them.

You have no idea that your children will not die before you do.
I’m not going to get into an argument about the future with you.

I do enjoy your name calling, it shows how well adjusted you are! Who on this thread has been name calling except for the parents? Please show me one post where a childfree person has called a parent any name.

You complain about the childfree lumping parents into one group, although I don’t see that as being true. Yet, you do the same with name calling, how delightfully mature.

Breeder is a term used in the mating of wild animals, livestock and other owned animals. To apply it to humans is sickening. Do you like being called a *****? Its the same thing.

Thanks for not using it here...now where's my thank you for using child free as opposed to childless or genetically poor or a few other choice descripters?

I was referring to child free people who ARE fanatics, I wasn't implying that people who choose to be child free are fanatics. But if you use the terms breeder or crotch anything or any other words that correlate human children with animals or base bodily functions, I would define you as a fanatic.

The fanatics to which I'm referring are quite smug in the notion that they are right and everyone else is wrong. And I say if everyone came around to their way of thinking, presumably because this would make the world a better place in which for them to live, the human race would cease to exist, game over. Though they would probably say "who cares, I'll be dead anyway." Anyone who believes the world is better off not reproducing is delusional to put it mildly.

You don't have kids and appear to be less of a nurturer, hence the child free decision. But you are wrong when you say I don't know my kids will be there for me as long as they outlive me. They are being raised in the manner I was raised with some improvements. If I hated my parents, didn't have or show compassion for the world, then you would be right. But my wife and I are both compassionate, probably a tad too compassionate so I know my kids will be there if I should need them to make decisions regarding my body should I lose my mind.

I notice people latch on to "you have kids so they will take care of you." This is not at all what I want, expect or am implying. But if I lose my mind, I would ask that they make sure the care facility I check myself into will care for me properly and that the bills are paid from my funds over which they will be given control. A visit now and then will suffice.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:

Society doesn't tell you to have kids, but ALL living things are designed to reproduce. If you choose to ignore that design and not reproduce, bully for you, but don't try to legitimize your choice by denigrating the choice of others, especially when there are larger issues at stake like the continuation of the human race.
Soceity doesn't tell you to have kids? Then why was this thread started and why are the CF people being bashed for their choices? Continuation of the human race? Where almost to the point where there are more humans then land.

If I'm an ass then what would that make you?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Breeder is a term used in the mating of wild animals, livestock and other owned animals. To apply it to humans is sickening. Do you like being called a *****? Its the same thing.

Thanks for not using it here...now where's my thank you for using child free as opposed to childless or genetically poor or a few other choice descripters?

I was referring to child free people who ARE fanatics, I wasn't implying that people who choose to be child free are fanatics. But if you use the terms breeder or crotch anything or any other words that correlate human children with animals or base bodily functions, I would define you as a fanatic.

The fanatics to which I'm referring are quite smug in the notion that they are right and everyone else is wrong. And I say if everyone came around to their way of thinking, presumably because this would make the world a better place in which for them to live, the human race would cease to exist, game over. Though they would probably say "who cares, I'll be dead anyway." Anyone who believes the world is better off not reproducing is delusional to put it mildly.

You don't have kids and appear to be less of a nurturer, hence the child free decision. But you are wrong when you say I don't know my kids will be there for me as long as they outlive me. They are being raised in the manner I was raised with some improvements. If I hated my parents, didn't have or show compassion for the world, then you would be right. But my wife and I are both compassionate, probably a tad too compassionate so I know my kids will be there if I should need them to make decisions regarding my body should I lose my mind.

I notice people latch on to "you have kids so they will take care of you." This is not at all what I want, expect or am implying. But if I lose my mind, I would ask that they make sure the care facility I check myself into will care for me properly and that the bills are paid from my funds over which they will be given control. A visit now and then will suffice.

First you say we're animals then you say we're not then you say we are then you say we're not...confused?

And maybe a little bitterness at being a househusband.....

Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So now you’re comparing people who choose not to have children, something that doesn’t affect you in any way, to Hitler.

So you will shackle them to care for you. Why not let them make that decision for themselves.
Why would you assume that I know nothing about human relationships? Those are some pretty hefty blinders you’re wearing, do they give you a headache?

So she taught them to follow their dreams and be happy.
Are you so sure your kids won’t look at you the same way? And avoid you like the plague. You have no guarantee that this will not occur with you.

So now you’re blaming us for not having kids.
Just because something is good for you, does not make it good for everyone.
We made choices different from your choice.

I’m sorry that you cannot see this except through a veil of fear, hatred and ignorance.
I am identifying those who use denigrating terms when referring to parents and children as fascists; Hitler is the example that comes to mind, so, yes.

You are a cold analytical person, don't try to deny it. It comes through in your posts loud and clear and certainly clears up the whole child freee thing. Why love when you can think right? Why concern yourself with others needs when you can be all consumed by your own?

For the umpteenth time, my kids will be raised with my values and will learn to value other people. Unless they are dead, thanks so much for pointing that out (see above). They may strike out on their own and I fully encourage it, but I would expect that if any of their siblings or my wife and I are were in trouble, they would come to help in whatever ways they could given the situation. Because this is what my extended family does, my wife and I do, and what they will learn is the right thing to do.

When people are raised to only value themselves, they grow up emotionally stunted. Do your really think my friend's aunt is so proud of her adventurers that she doesn't feel a tinge of remorse every time the phone rings and its not them, every holiday that they don't bother to visit? I am horrified by how some of my friends treat their parents. I was never overindulged and didn't really know kids who were growing up but seeing the way they speak to their mothers or allow their spouses to mistreat their own family, its horrifying and its downright ungrateful. I am always amazed at how the more indulged a child is, presumably because the parent loves the child so much or wants to earn that love that they feel they aren't worth receiving just because, the more the child thinks of only their own needs and never reciprocates giving with anyone other than themself.

I find it interesting that your last two sentences could be uttered by a parent to a child free person on the radical end of the spectrum. Ditto.

After all, I'm pretty sure there is no "Parents Organized Against the Childfree" with their own lexicon of negative terms. In other words, you get the respect you give.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Hahaha! what a rambling incoherent diatribe!

First, you speak for "most of us"...who IS "most of us" and how do YOU know how they feel ?

Second, jumping off a bridge is stupid and nowhere near as fun as sex....

Third, reproduction for SOME is NOT necessary....like me, other childfree people and nuns, priests, ands some monks, the infertile, etc.

Fourth, you say, """
All humans are living organisms. We are animals, sorry to break it to you. And those of us who choose to become parents don't like to be called breeders."""

Duh, animals BREED. Humans allegedly can make intelligent decisions...obviously YOU are an organism only.

Fifth, then you say,
""Do I really have to explain all this - how can people be disdainful of a process by which they came to be?""

WHERE did anyone say they were disdainful of the process? And even if they did your statement makes no sense whatsoever...we should reproduce because someone else did???That's just plain NUTS!

Sixth, you say, ""Not wanting to have kids is fine, looking down one's nose at those who do is delusional.""

What have YOU been doing but making nasty remarks, calling somone an ass????

Seventh, you talk in circles trapping yourself frequently,
"""And I believe those who are fanatically child free are afraid of not having their needs met for a change, of being inconvenienced, of not attaining all their material and career goals, and quite possibly of not being capable of loving and being loved.""

Paraphrasing: Those who are fanatically pumping out babies are afraid of not having their need for easy love fulfilled,,,better to have kids who will love you than be lovable so anyone else will They are using children to cover for their lack of career success, material/financial loss.

Why are you " try(ing) to legitimize your choice by denigrating the choice of others," ???
Eighth, you need to stop or start whatever meds even you out and make you think and write rationally and I fully support you on your choice to not have children.

And I will concede one of your points is valid. Your diatribe was both rambling and incoherent.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Soceity doesn't tell you to have kids? Then why was this thread started and why are the CF people being bashed for their choices? Continuation of the human race? Where almost to the point where there are more humans then land.

If I'm an ass then what would that make you?
It would make me correct.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Eighth, you need to stop or start whatever meds even you out and make you think and write rationally and I fully support you on your choice to not have children.

You certainly have a hard time with facts and answering "inconvenient" questions

Other posters to you are asses, on meds...really? How convenient for you

Decided if we're animals or not ...or are animals ...or not???

And I, as a feminist fully support men who give up their career to stay home and take care of their children.

Now, think you have the guts to address my post?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
First you say we're animals then you say we're not then you say we are then you say we're not...confused?

And maybe a little bitterness at being a househusband.....
No I'm not confused, we are animals when it comes to biology. But when it comes to psychology we do not want to be referred to as animals as it implies we lack intelligence and free will.

I am a Stay at Home Dad. Househusband is derogatory, as is houswife. You seem to have a real knack for the antiquated and inflammatory.

Why would I be bitter? Women have been doing it for thousands of years. I thoroughly enjoy it and somebody has to do it, at least in my house they do.

I think you had better zip it lest the feminists and stay at home moms will be all over you like a bad habit, at least I hope they will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting