Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:16 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I will finish grad school in a few months and the military guy I like will be back in 9 months and he wants babies but idk how soon. I mean realistically he should want them sooner than later. I just want to be pregnant so much!

Most guys don't get baby fever. Don't expect him to be as enthusiastic about it as you are. And these days, most guys don't want them til later in life. I didn't have my first til age 32 and even that was earlier than I wanted.

Also, don't rush something with this guy just to get pregnant. Make sure there is something there, date for a while, live together, get married, set goals, plan together than the baby will come when the time is right.

If you go get pregnant just to satisfy your needs now and rush the relationship part, odds are you will end up single and collecting child support.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:22 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The question is why wouldn't she want a baby? Women are biologically designed and programmed to have and nurture children. The liberated western career woman doesn't represent what 90% of most women around the world desire to do and have done since the beginning.
Not like this. Make sure you read some of her other threads.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:23 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG, honey.

This VERY STRONG desire is RIGHT NOW.

By contrast...a baby is FOREVER.

People who say "a baby is for the next 18 years" are lying.

You never...ever...ever are "done" being a parent, you are never done worrying, there is never that point where there's a guarantee that your child is stable and permanently financially independent and will never need to move back home under any circumstances, and then guess what, along come the grandchildren.

STOP and think...and talk to somebody. A professional, I mean. Talk all this out and get to the heart of it and figure out how to address these feelings. Take care and good luck.
This post wins!

Old 01-14-2016, 06:35 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
A baby isn't just an item that you get because everyone else has one. Babies take a lot of work, money and most importantly love. It changes your lifestyle in every way. You can no longer pick up and go out at the drop of a hat, if you work or go to school you need to provide care for that baby (which isn't cheap). You need to provide healthcare and when that baby is sick you might be up all night taking care of it. Like puppies they don't stay tiny and cuddly forever. Look within yourself to figure out what you "want" or are you "in love with the idea."

Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
So today I realized how much I painfully want to get pregnant immediately. I post on here a ton about all guys and the struggle to find a decent guy. I just didn't realize how much I want it. I spent 4 hours straight between classes talking to anyone who will listen about how badly I want to get pregnant. A girl in my program just got married and is 7 months pregnant and I ex like about to cry when she was describing it. I can not wait to get Ormsby. I'm so obsessed and it's unhealthy like I know that if I get the opportunity to try I will because I want it so much. I just don't know how to not feel like this I mean I think I'm at a point in life where I could have a baby. I will finish grad school in a few months and the military guy I like will be back in 9 months and he wants babies but idk how soon. I mean realistically he should want them sooner than later. I just want to be pregnant so much!
Good luck! The clock is ticking for me, but I don't really want to experience pregnancy, childbirth, or raising a child. I would like to have a kid that's already about 21 years old.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:03 AM

741 posts, read 478,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
How old are you?
I just turned 25 a few weeks ago.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:06 AM

741 posts, read 478,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Most guys don't get baby fever. Don't expect him to be as enthusiastic about it as you are. And these days, most guys don't want them til later in life. I didn't have my first til age 32 and even that was earlier than I wanted.

Also, don't rush something with this guy just to get pregnant. Make sure there is something there, date for a while, live together, get married, set goals, plan together than the baby will come when the time is right.

If you go get pregnant just to satisfy your needs now and rush the relationship part, odds are you will end up single and collecting child support.
He said he wants to "settle down" when he's out. Get married and have kids and he loves his nephew. Idk I was being crazy yesterday. I mean realistically if it just happened I wouldn't be mad but it hasn't just happened yet. So many people just accidentally get pregnant you know and I haven't yet because I'm always careful but I'm starting to just not care anymore.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:09 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,043 times
Wants and needs are two completely different resposibilities.
You need to stabilize your needs before you can take action on your wants which will allow you to take responsibilities for others wants and needs which a baby will have on you.
If you don't want to shoulder a burden for decades, you need to do it right the first time.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:13 AM

684 posts, read 825,336 times
Gab - Being a parent is the greatest thing you could imagine. When I first held my son, I looked in to his eyes and it was like I had known him forever.

The smell of newborn babies when they've been cleaned up is like nothing else. The trust and love they give you is absolute and complete.

That is why it is such an important thing to be careful for. A child will gather most of its beliefs from you. They will make a mess. They will scream. They need constant love, affection and guidance.

A baby will change your life.

Were I not married, I don't know how I would have handled it. But I am proud of how my son is turning out and I hope to have another soon.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:25 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
So today I realized how much I painfully want to get pregnant immediately. I post on here a ton about all guys and the struggle to find a decent guy. I just didn't realize how much I want it. I spent 4 hours straight between classes talking to anyone who will listen about how badly I want to get pregnant. A girl in my program just got married and is 7 months pregnant and I ex like about to cry when she was describing it. I can not wait to get Ormsby. I'm so obsessed and it's unhealthy like I know that if I get the opportunity to try I will because I want it so much. I just don't know how to not feel like this I mean I think I'm at a point in life where I could have a baby. I will finish grad school in a few months and the military guy I like will be back in 9 months and he wants babies but idk how soon. I mean realistically he should want them sooner than later. I just want to be pregnant so much!
OMG! Have you noticed people you know are quickly turning to walk the other way, or ducking behind trees?

Seek help! Call a therapist right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting