Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:08 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why would I do that?
Because you sound concerned about being tailgated...

Quote:
Sorry, but I shouldn't be tailgated just because I don't have a baby onboard.
If you think tailgaters are discriminating against you, you can get a sign, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:32 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Because you sound concerned about being tailgated...

If you think tailgaters are discriminating against you, you can get a sign, too.

I think you need to go back and read the post I was responding to. No where did I say I was being discriminated against, not to I really have tailgating problem to be concerned about...

Old 01-30-2016, 12:56 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,226,819 times
Wow, people are real a-holes on here. Hmm I wonder where all those aggressive drivers come from...

Damn. The signs are not there to say 'special snowflake'. Personally what I think they're' there to say:
- driver may be on the slower side because it's probably an exhausted mom potentially with a screaming baby in there - hence please don't expect them to go 20 over just because everyone else is
- expect slower reaction, for reasons above, hence don't cut her off and do other stupid unpredictable things
- leave plenty of room and don't tailgate, of course you shouldn't anyways, but a baby will be extra vulnerable to even a minor accident. A fender bender you get into out of road rage or rushing would do likely not harm an adult but could very easily seriously harm a baby. Is that really that hard to understand and keep in consideration??

Old 01-30-2016, 10:14 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,908 times
Quote:

I think you need to go back and read the post I was responding to. No where did I say I was being discriminated against, not to I really have tailgating problem to be concerned about...
Wow, aren't you a ray of sunshine!!

Yes, I have read all the posts in the thread. Did you happen to re-read your own? You might want to, if you're concerned about being misunderstood.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I could never take such a sign seriously. I mean, why not have signs like "demented grandma on board" or "low wage worker going to his third job on board" ? Wouldn't such passengers (or drivers) also warrant special kindness when out on the road?

Old 02-01-2016, 12:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Wow, aren't you a ray of sunshine!!

Yes, I have read all the posts in the thread. Did you happen to re-read your own? You might want to, if you're concerned about being misunderstood.
Your the one who keeps misquoting me...

Old 02-29-2016, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 383 times
I use the sign as a First Time Mother cause of the safety of other drivers. They seem to drove on your bumper in the city and state I'm located. Cause I've always been safe careful driver that look out for mines and others. But the sign just give the significance to others to respect more so a baby in car. But after my child reaches 2 yrs old, I will no longer use that sign.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:29 PM

741 posts, read 478,454 times
I couldn't care less about them honestly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting