Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 01:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

So basically, if they aren't annoyed great, if they are annoyed but too polite to mention it then it's not your problem, and if they're annoyed and mention it then they're either sad or rude and that too is not your issue.

What was your actual question then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 01:11 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So basically, if they aren't annoyed great, if they are annoyed but too polite to mention it then it's not your problem, and if they're annoyed and mention it then they're either sad or rude and that too is not your issue.

Nope, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:24 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Some people just don't want to be bothered by anyone especially a child. Not everyone likes children. Not everyone has children. I don't tend to be thrilled when random children come up to me. I don't have children. There are reasons I don't.

Having said that would I go out of my way to be rude to the random child? Probably not unless I was in a bad mood or the kid just wouldn't go away. Of course, I'm not going to stand there and say go away you little bleep bleep bleep. Very few people would. But letting your kid jabber on is uncomfortable to me and it would feel like an eternity to me to deal with random child. I also probably wouldn't be rude to you and tell you that the kid needs a leash and he's a bleep bleep bleep.

I'm not looking to get into a verbal altercation with some random person. You could be carrying a gun. You could be a nutjob. Not something I'm interested in dealing with so I just nod and smile. So there are probably not wanting to deal with a random child, but don't say anything because they might have manners or might not want to get shot. We live in a crazy world.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Can't believe some people are saying a 10 year old shouldn't be queuing up a ride by themselves. Long before that age me and my brother were wandering theme parks by ourselves while our parents did their own thing and we didn't always want to go on the same rides either so there was a lot of queuing up by ourselves.
Who said they shouldn't? I've no problem if a well-behaved 10-year old is in line by himself. My post was to point out there is a way for a parent to stand in line and not have to go on the ride.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-10-2016 at 02:27 PM..

Old 02-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Who said they shouldn't? I've no problem if a well-behaved 10-year old is in line by himself. My post was to point out there is a way for a parent to stand in line and not have to go on the ride.
How is being talkative, friendly, extroverted not well behaved? If I didn't trust him, I wouldn't let him go in line alone.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
How is being talkative, friendly, extroverted not well behaved? If I didn't trust him, I wouldn't let him go in line alone.
Umm.... I never as much as hinted your child was not well-behaved. I was the person who would happily chat about all-things-Disney with him.

Until my feet hurt after a day in the park. Then... I won't promise I'm going to be nice to my OWN family. Who know to let me sit in the lobby of the Grand Californian (since we're west coast and I'm hoping Heaven looks like that lobby) and have a large goblet of my favorite adult beverage.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:47 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

In the final analysis, whether any individual is or is no annoyed really should not be the point. I think one of the earlier respondents made the best point. What do you want your (OP) son to LEARN. Whether it is cute or not today is moot. It is not going to be cute in a year, 2, x. I think the OP gets that.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
How is being talkative, friendly, extroverted not well behaved?
AFAIC intruding on other people's vacations ISN'T well behaved. Plopping down and eating breakfast at someone else' table ISN'T well behaved regardless of whether it is a "restaurant".

Old 02-10-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
AFAIC intruding on other people's vacations ISN'T well behaved. Plopping down and eating breakfast at someone else' table ISN'T well behaved regardless of whether it is a "restaurant".
Did you see where I said he asked if he could sit there?

With exception to the kids table, but there were maybe 5 little chairs and he would just grab one...kind of like school.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Did you see where I said he asked if he could sit there?

Close your eyes, well after you read this!, and picture yourself walking up to a family eating and asking if you could join them. Is that well behaved? I am hoping you said no. And if it is not for you, it is not for your kids. Anyway, that is the way I look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting