Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 07:12 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
People with kids complain all the time, are always tired, broke, and stressed out. Then when the kids are older, they go to therapy and complain about their parents. Why would I want that?
kay.
Not tired or broke from my kids.

But I can see how many people who are trying to juggle too many things so they can "have it all" could get like that.

I think many of the wrong people are having kids (people with no time or money), but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 07:16 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
My child would be a complete freak, because I'd be raising him the way I was raised and not the way kids are raised today (wrong, in my opinion). As I said, I believe there should be a compelling reason TO have children rather than having to explain abstaining. And so many modern parents shouldn't be raising children. They just don't have the time -- or know-how -- to do it right, yet everyone follows in lockstep as if they don't have a choice in the matter. Don't be a "sheeple" in this; think for yourself! Children really are optional, and I believe the childless lifestyle is far more enjoyable than parenthood.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:24 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
"cold soul " does not like kids will give millions of reasons not to have kids.
"warm soul" like kids and wanting to have more.

Some people enjoy being parents, some enjoy being alone and die alone. Basically I think it is each ones choice. And no of us cannot judge who knows how make kids or who knows to do good parenting. If all of our parents though exactly like people who say that "no need to have kids" then non of us exist today either. Just saying.

Last edited by Zeurich; 03-16-2016 at 07:32 AM..

Old 03-16-2016, 07:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Oh, brother! Let me rephrase that? Intelligent, independent, self-sufficient people don't NEED children to fulfill them. Emotional, weak, needy people can't manage without them and others to prop them up.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
People with kids complain all the time, are always tired, broke, and stressed out. Then when the kids are older, they go to therapy and complain about their parents. Why would I want that?

To have somebody change my diaper when I am old? I rather shoot myself than ruining my kids life. Just look at the caregiving forum on CD. I don't envy those people who need to bath and feed family members.

But of course if your new born child looks at you and smiles, nothing else mattes. Uhm, okay.

I have no clue why people complain. I met a couple too. But our parents never complained about us and non of us went to therapy either. I have kids but I don't complain I enjoy every moment.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:38 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Wouldn't trade my three for the world. But, admittedly, there were stressful and sleep-deprived moments when I contemplated getting into the car and driving until I ran out of money and gas. Then I would have hitchhiked.

Here's the thing. If the kids grow up sane and self-sufficient, it's ultimately the most rewarding thing you can do. But, just the same as almost anything worth having in life, there is sacrifice and difficulty. It's not for the faint of heart.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Oh, brother! Let me rephrase that? Intelligent, independent, self-sufficient people don't NEED children to fulfill them. Emotional, weak, needy people can't manage without them and others to prop them up.

Seriously ??? is that how you look at people who has kids?

Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 AM

649 posts, read 570,303 times
It feels like this topic has been covered over and over again on CD. If you don't want children, don't have them, it's your life. Society is not judging you, no one cares and you don't have to justify your decision to anyone.

I also don't have to justify my decision to have children to anyone and I don't feel the need to brag about how awesome my life is. Sure having kids sucks sometimes but it's also amazing at times, just like all of life.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:03 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
For me it's the lack of parental instinct. And to make the kind of money you need to raise kids requires a demanding job that usually requires veyr long hours. Unless of course you just want the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Not tired or broke from my kids. PERFECT, good for you!

But I can see how many people who are trying to juggle too many things so they can "have it all" could get like that.

I think many of the wrong people are having kids (people with no time or money), but that's just my opinion. very true!
I think that not everybody who CAN have children, SHOULD have children.

I have a coworker who earns $$$ and he is a great guy. Him and his wife have 4 kids. He comes home at 4pm and she doesn't work. And I think those are the kind of people who can have my share of kids. I am pretty sure their children will be model citizen and a contribution to society.

People who struggle with money, diseases, bad genes, marriage, .. think twice if you really NEED to pass that on and potentially make your childs life miserable.

I am way too tall, I have horrible genes from both sides of my parents and having children would be very selfish besides the point that I would not be able to give them all they need without money issues. I would not work full time and have them grow up in daycare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting