Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,458,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
PHOOEY!!! I held my daughter as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted, and heaven helped my grandmother when she told me I better knock it off or she would be spoiled. LOL. IMO-You go through 9 months of caring for this baby before it's even born, possibly moderate to severe morning sickness, back pain, weight gain, swollen ankles, etc. all to be presented with this adorable little bundle that somebody is going to tell you to put down at 6 weeks old because you will teach the child that s/he can get you to pick her/him up whenever s/he wants to be held? Just goes against all logic to me. That same someone who, most likely, when she walks in your home rushes to pick up the "little manipulator". LOL. I look at it like, I just spent however many hours delivering this baby, I earned the right to hold her whenever I want to and if she is "spoiled" that is nobody's problem but my own.

Funny how most of the time the people who tell new moms they will spoil the baby by too much holding are the same people who lament the fact that their babies are grown up and they wish they held them more.

I did tell my husband that he was ruining the good thing I had going when he would stand with the baby though. While I was home with her, I would get her to settle down while sitting, and he would always jump up to soothe her. LOL.

Tell your daughter to ignore her MIL and hold her baby as much as she wants to. Even if it's for no other reason than she just wants to hold her!! I said it's ok. LOL.
lol I'll tell her you said its ok My poor daughter...she gets a lot of input from the other side of the family. We just contribute to the "spoiling" by walking and patting and cuddling the now 2 month old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 03:38 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,458,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
14 Also, thats with my two boys.

If i were to take the test for my girl, i think the score will be a lot higher. I guess the "Daddies girl" myth stands true in my case
That's how I am, but opposite. My son is the baby...and I have 4 older girls. I think I'm a lot easier on him. At least as much as his sister's and my dh will let me get away with

Old 03-11-2008, 06:22 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,251,016 times
Its funny, I scored on the "slippery slope" the first time (23), then I changed my disagree answers to Strongly disagree and I scored a 19, not being a high risk parent.
Im a firm believeer that I do not spoil my child, and my DH agrees : ) LOL thats probably what they all say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting