Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 05:26 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times

Advertisements

When most of us become parents, we are young, and learn as we grow...parenting doesn't come with a manual...
we do the very best we can mentally do at the time....but as we grow older, we are reminded of the mistakes we made....if only social media were present when I was parenting, as there are so many really good articles and advice out there....like this one, and decided to share.

My Worst Nightmare

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-18-2016 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 06:24 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,259,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
When most of us become parents, we are young, and learn as we grow...parenting doesn't come with a manual...
we do the very best we can mentally do at the time....but as we grow older, we are reminded of the mistakes we made....if only social media were present when I was parenting, as there are so many really good articles and advice out there....like this one, and decided to share.

My Worst Nightmare
In the days before social media, this type of article was printed in magazines. Social media isn't a big improvement considering all the trash that it mostly contains.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:01 AM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
In the days before social media, this type of article was printed in magazines.
...and/or just common sense? A very similar incident happened with my daughter in elementary school ago, and I also had to sit down and talk with her, call the mother, etc. Didn't need social media for that.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 AM

well personally I thought it a very good article....
I'm glad though that those of you who chose to post a negative comment, were well equipped with common sense.

I found it quit interesting and honor that young mother....

and let me just say, as we grow older, we can certainly see and count the mistakes we made, we are not perfect, none of us are....
and just wanted to share this article with young mothers to be.....

it takes so much more effort for a negative rather then just moving on.....it's so easy to be nasty on social media.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
It is hard to imagine how my Mother and many other parents did the very same thing without cell phones or social media back in the 1960's and how myself and other parents did it in the late 1970's and beyond without cell phones or social media.
It is a sad day when a parent has to read a book about how to handle such an issue.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is hard to imagine how my Mother and many other parents did the very same thing without cell phones or social media back in the 1960's and how myself and other parents did it in the late 1970's and beyond without cell phones or social media.
It is a sad day when a parent has to read a book about how to handle such an issue.
yanno, I was born in 1948 and your absolutely right....however, a young friend of mine posted this article this morning, who by the way, has honorable loving and successful children, honoring this mother...and I couldn't help but agree...I know what was, and although I cannot speak for you, I thought this was a very real positive story.

She saw the positive in this story and posted it in honor of this young mother, and all I wanted to do was share this.

When pregnant, I read many articles in books about raising children, took what I wanted and needed from those articles...out of curiosity and the desire to be a good mother....so sue me. I took what applied to me, and left the rest.....

I suggest you do the same....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-18-2016 at 07:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting