Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 11:42 AM

1,955 posts, read 1,760,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
Would i blame a daycare center for what goes on in their parking lot? nah. i would tell the person to turn it down or move away. this isn’t a abusive situation. its a noise complaint. i dont snitch to get people in trouble. if i saw a violent situations like you methioned like i have before, I call the police or sometimes break it up if safe. somebody mess with my kid or another?? they would be in jail if alive. my definition of snitching is to get somebody in trouble. but of course if a serious crime was being committed I call the police. i understand what your saying.

Ohhh, okay I see where you are coming from.

I agree, I would not BLAME the daycare. It isn't the daycare's fault. And I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble either, if I were the OP, I would just want the music to be turned down / off around all of the kiddos. The reason that you would want to notify the daycare instead of just talking to the person playing the loud inappropriate music is because you are on the daycare's property. Technically, the daycare is the only one who has the right to tell the parent to turn down the music. I don't have the right to tell someone what to do in their car, because technically it's none of my business, but the daycare has the right to tell them what to do on their property, because it literally IS their business. Get it?

So if parents complain to the daycare about the music, and the daycare agrees that they do not want that type of music being played loudly on their property, then it is within their rights to ask the parent to turn it down. If they don't, then the daycare can refuse service to the family, or can possibly make a noise complaint to law enforcement. But if the daycare decides that they don't mind that type of music being played loudly in the parking lot, then there is nothing the OP can do about it, except to find another daycare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 11:27 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So I dropped my kids off at daycare the other day and a "parent" pulled up right outside the daycare doors. His car was blasting music so loud it could be heard down the street. Every other word was "F" this and "N" that. Very inappropriate. Do you think complaining to the daycare would do anything? Any other solutions?
Bahahaha.

This thread/post is hilarious.

You use the word "thug" in the title and put the word "parent" in quotes, while not quoting anyone.

Let's not beat around the bush. The "parent" was black, right?

Old 06-25-2016, 11:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Bahahaha.

You use the word "thug" in the title and put the word "parent" in quotes, while not quoting anyone.

What difference does that make? Thug music is thug music. I have not heard the noise recently, so hopefully the issue is resolved.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:38 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,103 times
Quote:
What difference does that make? Thug music is thug music. I have not heard the noise recently, so hopefully the issue is resolved.
it makes a HUGE difference you know that right?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
it makes a HUGE difference you know that right?

Wait, why does it make a difference? If the parent is white, does that mean they are not allowed to listen to "thug" music, but if they are black, it's okay or something? What if they are Asian? I know a Korean who likes "thug" music, is that not allowed either? (He doesn't play it around his kids though.)

I don't get it. It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. All races like rap music, and a lot of rap music has inappropriate lyrics for daycare aged children. And all races of parents should try and limit exposure to this type of music to all races of children, until said children are old enough and mature enough to listen to it responsibly.

It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever what race you are. We're all human.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Bahahaha.

There was nothing in the OP mentioning race at all. Your comments here are coming across as very racist. You may want to check your privilege.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:11 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree it's rude to blast music like that, but are the same people really saying those things? For instance, I'm in the "let it go" camp, and I don't think "no one should even be subjected to a crying child in a restaurant or store." I was in Marshall's last week with my daughter, and a mom shopped while her toddler wailed in the shopping cart for a good 10 minutes. She wasn't hurrying to get out or finish up, just looking at clothes while her kid screamed and cried. She was there when we arrived and from what the clerks were muttering in the back, her child had been crying for 15 minutes before we got there. Was she rude? Heck yes. Was I annoyed by the noise? Yes. I grumbled aboug how jerky and clueless some people are and got on with my day.
So if that person were to get in your daughter's face and sing the lyrics from the objectionable music at her, and then your daughter were to go home and sing those lyrics to her little friends or siblings how would you feel then?

Let's say "Shoot the cops B word N word F word" etc.

I assume you know the music they're talking about.

Because a baby crying is nothing compared to explicit language coming out of a car at a daycare center with kids right there. Not to mention not every parent can pull right up to the front door and be 3 feet away from running in. Mostly you have to park your car walk across the parking lot with your kid and up a walkway to the front door so it's not like you can just escape the offending car. Who may or may not even be sitting there for longer than usual for example chatting on the phone. When do we draw the line.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Quote:
Bahahaha.

What if they were, would that make them immune to criticism or something?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:28 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Wait, why does it make a difference? If the parent is white, does that mean they are not allowed to listen to "thug" music, but if they are black, it's okay or something? What if they are Asian? I know a Korean who likes "thug" music, is that not allowed either? (He doesn't play it around his kids though.)

I don't get it. It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. All races like rap music, and a lot of rap music has inappropriate lyrics for daycare aged children. And all races of parents should try and limit exposure to this type of music to all races of children, until said children are old enough and mature enough to listen to it responsibly.

It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever what race you are. We're all human.
I was playing because the poster called it thug music and people on here were arguing about what race the person was.(like it matters). i agree with wat you said.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:07 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Would it bother you if someone blasted some Nsync or Miley Cyrus? If the answer is no, that is why you are raising eyebrows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting