Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 04:39 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

Coming soon for a visit. His Mom simply wrote "he likes bananas and grapes" when I sent e mazil asking her. She does not speak English very well and writes it even worse. I want to have some food available for him. He lives in the Philippines and Singapore off and on with his grandmother and mother. It's been so long since I've fed a baby I haven't got a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 05:24 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,806,338 times
An 18 month old should be eating anything you eat, just smaller portions and cut up into smaller bites.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:01 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
He likely eats adobo, pancit, mangoes, rice, etc.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:18 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
Pork chops and apple sauce!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:32 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
An 18 month old should be eating anything you eat, just smaller portions and cut up into smaller bites.
My grandson is 13 mos and he eats like this. He'll eat way too much fruit because it's sweet, so we give him protein & veggies first.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:57 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
I would just plan on letting him eat what you plan to serve. If there is an Asian store near by, plan on taking the mom for a shopping trip. How long are they staying? I bet you are so excited (and a little nervous!).

Old 07-09-2016, 06:59 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
you still have to cut grapes in half at this age. Try it this way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tDG89v5Vc

Old 07-09-2016, 08:37 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Coming soon for a visit. His Mom simply wrote "he likes bananas and grapes" when I sent e mazil asking her. She does not speak English very well and writes it even worse. I want to have some food available for him. He lives in the Philippines and Singapore off and on with his grandmother and mother. It's been so long since I've fed a baby I haven't got a clue.
He will likely be eating eggs, rice, and some of whatever the family is eating. In Asia, the notion of baby specific foods and meals is just not done. In fact for younger babies in he Philippines it is common to have mom or dad literally take a bite out of their own mouths to give to the child.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:51 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I would just plan on letting him eat what you plan to serve. If there is an Asian store near by, plan on taking the mom for a shopping trip. How long are they staying? I bet you are so excited (and a little nervous!).
Yes indeed. I wrote his Mom to only pack what he will need for the travel days and I will have clothes and toys here for him.(I wanted to make traveling as easy as possible) I told her about thrift stores and she said that was a good idea. So off we went to Goodwill and PTA thrift shop and I had SO MUCH FUN!!!!! My babies are 14 so it has been way too long since I've looked at things for little ones. For about $25 we got every single piece of clothing he will need for a 10 day visit including long pants and long sleeves for the beach trip and lots of shorts and shirts and jammies, hat, swim suit and a few toys.And everything was in such good shape! My neighbors are lending us all the gear we will need. I'm so excited!

Old 07-09-2016, 09:15 PM

723 posts, read 1,004,678 times
Default easy answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Pretty much anything and that can be a problem!
You have to give them soft food in small pieces so they don't choke!

Also all hazards, small items like batteries and loose change needs to be out of reach.
They also can move fast so make sure that all stairways and other dangerous areas have gates!
They can get into trouble in a matter of seconds literally!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting