Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 07:58 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabodyn View Post
I'm guessing that your son does not have a girlfriend.

I'm also guessing that once he does, he will start buying "big boy" underwear.
Or maybe then, he won't put on underwear at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 08:21 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,454 times
Quote:
The last thing a 16-year-old boy needs is his mother telling him what underwear to wear.
My now Ex was like that, telling my teen son that he must wear underwear. The now Ex kept trying to battle me on this through texts, emails, phone calls, etc until the son was diagnosed with a life threatening condition from which he almost died and after that I never heard about underwear again. I guess the now Ex is so saddled with medical bills that underwear would add too much to the expense.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:21 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,878 times
I'm a little surprised he hasn't been publicly humiliated at the school gym by wearing little boy underwear. Surely showing up in that underwear while changing out for gym had to have been a cause for mass hysterical laughter in the boys locker room?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:37 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,099,266 times
Could be wrong but sounds like some sort of fetish.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 AM

1,955 posts, read 1,758,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My husband still worries about that.

When we'd been married a couple of years, before I learned to be vigilant in discarding his worn-out socks and underwear, my husband fell off a ladder at work and dislocated his knee. The sock he was wearing that day had more holes than sock left. It was more like a foot thong than a sock. They had to take his boot off and cut his jeans off to put his leg back in place. When I got to the hospital, the first thing I noticed was the shabby, shameful sock. And so did everyone else who walked past, and they kept commenting on it. The hubby begged me to remove the embarrassing garment, but there was no way to take it off without causing him more pain, so it had to stay.
Foot thong!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!! Foot thong *rolls on floor*

awesome

Old 08-03-2016, 02:39 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesouthafrican View Post
So my son is 16 years old (and yeah, I know that he is free to do his own thing and make minor choices on his own) and recently went out with friends for a week. Any ways I went to tidy up his room a bit and do laundry and noticed that there was a bunch of underwear in his room (some in the dirty pile, some not) that were really small; size 6, 7/8, and a bunch of size 8 (all of which were cartoon/ little kid themed). Almost all of them looked like they have been stretched out pretty good, looks like he's had them since he was first wearing them, faded, some with small holes all around the waistband. They all looked well worn and way outgrown, he weighs around 140 or so and isn't more then 5 feet 6.
Anyways I talked to him about all of it and threw all of them away saying how it can't be healthy to wear them.(that weight, plus his waist is at least 31 inches) Anyways he dug them all out of the trash saying he likes to wear them and doesn't like adult underwear. The largest size he willingly wears is a 10/12 and still wears the smaller ones all the time.
I don't know what to do at this point, am I over reacting, too worried, or what??
if i went on city data and found you was talking about my underwear i would never talk to u again!! anyway he needs to grow up or he will smell like.. and tell him he really is weird. that is the funniest thing i read all day lls!!! here is the solution…. throw it out when the trash people come. and 16 yo can’t do whatever they want when they this crazy

Old 08-06-2016, 01:29 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,505,026 times
Maybe he likes the feeling of tightness (like a sensory thing). Maybe he likes the connection to childhood. I wouldn't fight this battle.

And my kids have been doing their own laundry since well before the age of 10. We have a tiny apartment, so I only know the state of underwear because they fold their laundry in our living room. And my boys fight over whose underwear is whose. My older (bigger) son likes to hold onto the smaller pairs as well. He insists they are comfortable and fit well.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:23 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Then lay down the law, throw them out, don't let them come out of the trash, and have a conversation about what it's like to grow older. Part of that is leaving the past behind and making new decisions. Even easy ones like what type of adult underwear to choose.
YEAH! SHOW NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2016, 07:24 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
I mean here is the thing. Are you sure that they are his? I would be sort of concerned if I went into my teenage sons room and found little kids underwear in there. Not saying that is the case but it's worth exploring at the very least.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:25 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,603 times
Has he tried different types of underwear? Boxers, briefs, and boxer-briefs all fit different. If it is a support or sensory thing, it may be that he isn't wearing the right type for him. There are also many companies that sell fun prints aimed at young men. It may be that he simply hates boring underwear.

I don't know if you are the mother or father, but it is probably a conversation for dad to have, if that is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting