Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 02:37 PM

22,415 posts, read 47,402,095 times

Advertisements

Then I would definitely use the room for something else.

I would not leave my child in a room connected to the master, unless you were also giving the master to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 02:38 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4life View Post
We have four large bedrooms in addition to the nursery and master. The nursery is connected to the master via a closet with a "bookshelf door". The nursery also has a door to the main hall. The room is about half the size of the other four bedrooms.
Why do you want to keep it? What is your thought process? Nieces and nephews?

Old 09-05-2016, 02:41 PM

41 posts, read 64,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Why do you want to keep it? What is your thought process? Nieces and nephews?
We have a fairly large extended family with about 10 kids under the age of two. This is the first home I have purchased and I am now living back in the town where my relatives are from. I am not sure yet how often they will be over yet and thought it would be a nice offering for when they visit.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:00 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,849,639 times
Quote:
We have a fairly large extended family with about 10 kids under the age of two. This is the first home I have purchased and I am now living back in the town where my relatives are from. I am not sure yet how often they will be over yet and thought it would be a nice offering for when they visit.
Maybe keep it for a while and see if its used. I could see the benefit of a crib if I was over visiting family and my baby needed a nap. I just wouldn't likely use it if I was sleeping over. But I could see it getting use if family comes over a lot and uses the quiet area for naps, nursing, settling baby down.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Could be, if you have the space. If it doesn't get used, you could change it later.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:06 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Maybe keep it for a while and see if its used. I could see the benefit of a crib if I was over visiting family and my baby needed a nap. I just wouldn't likely use it if I was sleeping over. But I could see it getting use if family comes over a lot and uses the quiet area for naps, nursing, settling baby down.
Quote:
Could be, if you have the space. If it doesn't get used, you could change it later.
Yeah--just wait a bit and see.

You could always make a dual-purpose room: crib, rocking chair, and library (or craft room, or office, or music room, or playroom, or...)

Old 09-05-2016, 06:10 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
Quote:
You are a loooooong way from having grand kids! Unless you plan to have another baby, or have an infant niece or nephew visit often, I think there is a better use for that room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Yep.
Having a room sit for decades is a bad use of the space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
OP never mentioned grandkids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
He mentioned other relatives. I would include grandchildren as such!
But the OP has other relatives that aren't "decades away"!

Old 09-05-2016, 06:22 PM

41 posts, read 64,385 times
Quote:
Yeah--just wait a bit and see.

You could always make a dual-purpose room: crib, rocking chair, and library (or craft room, or office, or music room, or playroom, or...)

That's a great idea.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Ok we know that now. At the time we didn't.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:19 PM

22,415 posts, read 47,402,095 times
Quote:
Yeah... and we weren't told that until after we commented.
You need to read the posts in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting