Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 06:20 PM

120 posts, read 298,459 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: delete Lawyer up stop sending your daughter mixed messages, acknowledge she is a dealer and be prepared to walk away from this with probation. The whole case will probably cost you $22000-30000 depending on exact details. For $12000 you can probably get off with a 6 month sentence and 3 months actually served.

Where is her father on all of this? Judging from you communication it does not sound like you are doing her any favors.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-26-2016 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
sorry but 5 pounds isnt an amount someone has for personal use. A small baggie yes. You better hope she doesnt have any scholarships because you can kiss those goodbye if they find out. i dont believe weed should be legal but 5 pounds is crazy.
I also, believe pot should be legal but five pounds is 80 ounces. 160 half ounces. That's a LOT of pot. Way too much for someones' personal use. Dealing is much different than using it for medical reasons, relaxation, recreational use in the privacy of your own home, etc.

Agree - get your daughter a good lawyer and hope for the best. A felony at her age will dog her the rest of her life.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:33 PM

7,072 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerIcee View Post
Of course I know the difference, but my point is it's stupid it's a crime in the first place. And it's 5 lbs, not 10.
Really doesn't matter whether you think it's stupid or not! Don't you get it? Illegal is illegal is illegal! Your daughter is charged with a serious crime! (If the OP is real).

You and your daughter better get your ducks in a row, pretty quick.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:34 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Well, nothing really matters at this point except what your attorney says.

So forget about whether she's feeding you a line of manure, totally snowing you and talking b-s about keeping 5 pounds around and not planning on selling any. K? Moot point.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Where in the world would 18 year olds have gotten the $15k to buy this UNLESS they were dealing. I also call BS. The more the OP defends the daughter, the more I think either this is all made up troll stuff, or that the OP is the one in trouble for dealing.
And this is exactly why I would NOT pay for an attorney. If you're wealthy enough and STUPID enough to be holding five pounds of pot, in a state where even minor possession is a serious crime then you're old enough/wealthy enough to hire your own legal council.
When I was young and extremely STUPID I was never bailed out by my parents (or anyone else for that matter).
If I was arrested I either paid out of my pocket or was let out on O.R..
I've always told my kid I will not bail him out if it's anything more than the first traffic offense. Hiring a lawyer?
Bawwww hawww hawwww. NOPE.
That would teach him nothing but how to do STUPID things and depend on others to get him out of it.
Example: I had a friend who was arrested a couple of times for traffic warrants, prior to those arrests he had many,many traffic warrants out for him over the span of 3 years starting at the age of 21.
He always went crying to mom and she'd pay 'em.
When he FINALLY wised up he'd racked up well over 100 traffic citations (speed,equipment,racing,burnouts etc) and a few driving while suspended license cites.

I think what wised him up was mommy finally said ENOUGH.
He was deathly afraid of staying in jail so had his mom just said no the first time I'd bet he'd have toe'd the line.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Not for a second do I believe this is a real post (the original one)...but I fully disagree. She is young, throwing her to the wolves with a public aid lawyer is just having her toss her life away. I think that would be terrible and I wouldn't do it.

It sounds like a "tough love" thing to say but I don't believe you would even do that.
Absolutely that is what I would do. If adult kids know they have adults to bail them out, many of them will do exactly what this one did.

Natural consequences are the best teachers. Being there to bail your adult kids out is the opposite of natural consequences.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
This girl hasnt got a prayer with a parent who doesnt know the difference between 10 pounds of Coca Cola and 10 pounds of weed.
Yeah, I would think downing a six pack of coke is going to have a whole different effect than sitting down and smoking 5lbs of pot.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerIcee View Post
Just so you know the reason they came to her friends home in the first place was due to a noise complaint, she and her friend can get a little loud. And yes, it was 5 lbs. I understand her friend (we'll call her Sarah) was growing it, as I said in my OP I was really angry for all sorts of reasons when I initially made this topic. I do realize I overreacted but I am just very frustrated about the whole thing.
If it was just growing in the backyard and they only came for a noise complaint, I doubt your daughter would have been arrested.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:37 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
[orphaned quote and response[/mod]

If this is a first-time offense it's not going to be THAT bad for her (except for that annoying felony charge).

Do you think they really care about a couple of dumb little girls with a brick? Heck no but they are going to be plenty interested in where that brick came from & these little girls are scared & they WILL be the "weak link".

If I was the parent I'd be more concerned with the fact that SOMEBODY is now missing out on up to $20,000 of dope money; the cops & the "system" are going to be the least of your concerns.

Not only that but she's out of jail within 24 hours? Thats scary.

When they take down a "ring" of criminal activity the first thing the dealers want to know is who snitched them out. The first people to raise suspicion are the ones who got arrested but did no time.

You don't know what you are dealing with.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-26-2016 at 12:11 PM..

Old 09-24-2016, 06:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Missed the point of my post. The OP's daughter got caught doing something that could get her into serious trouble, and he's complaining about the drug laws that have been in effect for about a century now.
That was my point....There is no could....She is in serious trouble. We agree about the rant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting