Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2016, 04:38 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,362,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You chose the affair over family, and now you must suffer the consequences.
Hope it was worth it!
first post best post

OP talks a whole lot about them blaming others for everything, sounds an awful lot like projecting to me. You have no one but yourself to blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 08:50 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,217 times
I'll need to read the entire thread, but from what I saw on the first page(Besides Pittchicks Comment), is just another example of the plague that is 3rd wave feminism. Truly disgusting

No matter the circumstance, its always the guys fault.

I'm sure if it were the husband that had an affair on his wife that had a stroke, these misandrists would be calling for a hanging.

Last edited by jdaelectro; 09-30-2016 at 09:08 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 09:30 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You chose the affair over family, and now you must suffer the consequences.
Hope it was worth it!
that's an incredibly one sided way to look at it.

sure, she should have left her husband first, but if he was sitting around all day, you can't blame her too much.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:31 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
No amount of neglect, abuse, etc justifies having an affair. The guy has a tremendous disability. He could no longer work at his occupation. That in itself makes a man feel like crap fornot being able to support his family. I feel for the guy. Idont blame your daughter for hating you. You just ripped apart her family and screwed over her father both emotionally and financially.

You took a vow for better or for worse. You obviously do not take your vows seriously. Live with your poor decisions. I have no pity for you. You are a disgusting human being to make a man leave his house when he has little or no means to make a decent living. How do you live with yourself. I sure hope that new guy's dick was worth the entire disruption of your family's life simply because poor little old you needed to feel loved.
if your husband isn't making you happy, why would you encourage someone to stay? Why would you stay in an unhappy marriage? You only have one life to live. It's not worth it to be miserable.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:33 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,357,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
What a thoroughly insensitive and cruel response. People make mistakes and you do not know what she was going through or how she felt. She sounded lonely, miserable and unloved. People do desperate things when they are stressed and suffering emotionally. She was working two jobs and trying to take care of a self-pitying, ornery husband and raise her daughters too. It is not up to any of us to judge someone else - she knows what she didn't wasn't right, she is sorry, but its over and done with. I am glad she is happy and moving on with her life.
So, she should have went for marriage counseling. If she was so miserable, she should have filed for divorce when her daughters left. That would be fine. As soon as she screwed someone else while still married, the blame all goes to her. The vows didn't say, I will love, honor and obey you for better or worse, richer or poorer, unless you stop,working and helping around the house, and then I am aloud to screw someone else.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-01-2016 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: rude comment

Old 09-30-2016, 09:35 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,357,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
if your husband isn't making you happy, why would you encourage someone to stay? Why would you stay in an unhappy marriage? You only have one life to live. It's not worth it to be miserable.
That's right. That is why you would get a divorce. Having an affair is disgusting and makes you no better than your spouse you are complaining about. How does having an affair help anyone? You are betraying your spouse. You are now a cheater. You have to sneak around, look at your souse in the eyes and act like you aren't screwing around with someone else. Seriously, how does it help anyone or anything. It is not even an option in my life? I would die before I would have an affair.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:46 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,161 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
That's right. That is why you would get a divorce. Having an affair is disgusting and makes you no better than your spouse you are complaining about. How does having an affair help anyone? You are betraying your spouse. You are now a cheater. You have to sneak around, look at your souse in the eyes and act like you aren't screwing around with someone else. Seriously, how does it help anyone or anything. It is not even an option in my life? I would die before I would have an affair.
Yes trusso!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-01-2016 at 03:30 PM..

Old 09-30-2016, 10:07 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Meh. All can keep bashing the OP for having an affair, thus being on the receiving end of that one daughter's wrath. But even if she didn't have an affair and just opted for a divorce after the girls left, she'd just as very likely still be on that one daughter's sh## list. It's a common enough dynamic where an unhappily married couple stays together for the "sake of the kids" finally divorce (usually the wives initiate) after the kids leave the nest, that the kid(s) get enraged at the mother for actually leaving. I don't understand the mentality. No matter, no one should be treated so shoddily and crappy.

It is not the daughter's business as to what happened to her parents. She should have stayed out of it. She didn't. She chose sides. Clearly, she learned well from the OP about making bad and unreasonable choices. The OP now needs to set boundaries and not to try rescuing her daughter from making her bad choices. All kids have to learn the hard way.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:01 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
that's an incredibly one sided way to look at it.

sure, she should have left her husband first, but if he was sitting around all day, you can't blame her too much.
Yes, we can hold her fully accountable for her actions. She had a situation where she got done wrong. She took an action by deciding to do something wrong in response. She can be blamed for returning wrong with wrong.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:08 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
It's always best to end one relationship before beginning another. That's just common decency.

Have a heart to heart with your daughter, tell her how you feel and let her deal with it in her own way and time. Not much you can do at this point, as she obviously feels you did her father wrong.

Another example of how anyone's actions can affect far more people than we realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting